DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jane stop this crazy thing!

Bill ! put it in beginner mode.....get used to it and then put it in normal mode and fly it in open spaces to get used to it and then get cocky ! Learn all about it and it will love you back. I have 45 flights including some indoors and (knock on wood) not a nick and have not flown into anything..... yeah, it will happen some day when I put it into sport mode and do something stupid however I have been taking the time it takes to learn everything about the toy first..... and how it responds.....
GREAT ADVICE

Have you tried hitting the pause button?
In my experience it's the fastest way to stop the Mavic.
In sports mode Mavic performs an impressive emergency stop when hitting it while going full speed.
I have not even tried this yet.. Good call! And Bill, there are always people on any forum that will sound out their distasteful message while they sit idle in their comfortable chair with no worries of consequences. I've been in forums for almost 2 decades and this fact never changes. People will say things online that they would never say face to face, or at least not in such rude ways. It just comes with the territory.

That said, there is a lot of fear in the community that as more and more of the population adopts this hobby there will be more and more mishaps that will get the focus of the media, forget all of the wonderful pilots that do their diligence to be safe and keep the sport fun. So when you post, my advice to limit these lashings is to explain fully so those who stay awake at night worrying about the fallout of one mishap can breathe easy when they read these postings.. ;-)

There is a lot of experience and great advise on these forums that will help you with almost every issue you will have. It is also a platform for others to showcase themselves and put down people just starting out. Take the time to read through these forums and take away from others mistakes and learn from them. Even the most experienced of these folks were rookies at one time! Hang in there and fly safe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Pretty soon someone is going to get a visit from the faa and crashed drone will be the least of your problems. Learn the rules and follow them for everyone's safety.

Ok I am new at this. But yesterday I hit a chain link fence, me getting cocky. Today I flew into the middle of a few palm trees. Flying a but too fast.

There has got to be a way to get it to stop quicker.

Btw the fence broke 3 props. On the palm tree the Mavic bounced off and keep hovering. Then I had to gingerly fly it out of the way between the trees.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yes there is, press Pause. It will do like an aire brake. Still consider the inertia.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike