DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky video

Sorry I am not thick I know where the sd card is and yes I have checked on pc that it is still the same and yes it is!!!
If you have nothing constructive to say except for "thought it was clear for you" which I find a tad offensive then don't comment. People like Dave who try and help the best way they can are more appreciated than a smarmy smart arse like yourself [emoji867]
Its a pity you don't realise a guy like elvis101 is actually taking the time out to try and help you.

Reactions: geigy
I see two issues - no ND filter, so you're going to see a fine grained flicker no matter what because the individual frames are too sharp.

The second problem is converting your original 24 fps video to 30 fps. This means youtube has to come with an additional 6 frames of data per second, which it does by doubling every fourth frame, which adds another level of jerkiness. You see this a lot when a movie is shown on TV - drives me nuts but no one else seems to notice it, lol.

Certainly, and better to exclude the second problem before starting any discussion on the first - what I'have tried...
You are right the longer shutter and motion blur mask jerking, but definitive solving is to shoot at 50/60 fps, although then the resolution suffers (on Mavic).

Some helpful videos:
MOVEMENT
Framerate Comparison 15/30/60/120fps

Older camcorders (analog and digital, even cheep) shot in effective 50/60 fps (interleced video). Parhaps hence so many disappointed users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barny19 and geigy
What's it got to do with Kiez, fail to see why you want to put your 10 pence in???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven