Join Us Now

Just came face to face with another drone

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Today I was flying because my dad was having a grill out
I take videos and stuff for my own enjoyment
A wild drone appeared and went as far as follow me all the way back to my homepoint
It hovered around the area I was flying
I'm not scared at all
I kinda always wanted this
I always wanted friends who were drone pilots
Screenshot_20220529-191834.png
Note: this is screenshot from the video
Would post video
Dont know how

Interesting. Looks like a spark (maybe)? Just post it to your YT page. Then copy the YT link and paste it here . . .

Reactions: MA2 317
It's cool when a pilot recognizes another pilot in the air.

The PIC is like you with a new set of eyes to the world and is curious.

The PIC may be nearby depending on the drone and current battery time remaining on it's RTH.

As stated above, upload the video to YouTube, copy / paste the URL link to here to share.

That is awesome, like meeting an alien in space, you handled that well and so did the Alien being.
Now it time to go back to that air space same time / same day and wait for your friend and figure out how
to meet , not an easy task, but FUN none the less. Some Creativity Needed .

I normally have some ideas , but I am not sure what you can do . ? ?
maybe somebody else will have some brilliance to share.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Reactions: MA2 317
That is awesome, like meeting an alien in space, you handled that well and so did the Alien being.
Now it time to go back to that air space same time / same day and wait for your friend and figure out how

Phantomrain.org
I will definitely keep you posted

A really interesting discussion that I enjoyed - except for the use of jargon - sadly something that is happening more and more in printed matter.

Skywatcher2001 posted an interesting reply but I got to "YT" and thought 'what's the hell's that!"​

I wondered, and wondered, and then carried on reading other replies and then I got to one that said "YOU TUBE" and the penny dropped.

How many times have 'you' been baffled by acronyms in text, when the writer could have simply spelt it out?

Hi Kywon

Greetings from New Zealand

You handled this well, but in your postings, it's better to never let on your full date of birth as scammers can use this for identity theft ( Pretending online they are you )

Good luck finding drone users in your local area

Cheers, Stu

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Yaros
A really interesting discussion that I enjoyed - except for the use of jargon - sadly something that is happening more and more in printed matter.

Skywatcher2001 posted an interesting reply but I got to "YT" and thought 'what's the hell's that!"​

I wondered, and wondered, and then carried on reading other replies and then I got to one that said "YOU TUBE" and the penny dropped.

How many times have 'you' been baffled by acronyms in text, when the writer could have simply spelt it out?
After you have written it 50 times you might change your mind! 😉🇳🇿

Reactions: HighlandsVideo

I do not understand

It appears you found the other PIC(s). There are at least two other drone owners near me. When I'm going through preflight, I'll see notification in AirData. Pretty neat!

It appears you found the other PIC(s). There are at least two other drone owners near me. When I'm going through preflight, I'll see notification in AirData. Pretty neat!
What is PIC

Reactions: Grazuncle

Phantomrain.org
It worked....

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

This time it was only one

It it's clearly not dji
What ever kind of brand it is
It's most likely hubsan
And it has no gimbal
Just a camera

it means pilot in charge of the drone ,as in the person flying it at the time
Not just to be pedantic, it is an "official" (so to speak) part of the aviation lexicon, all over the place in FAA and NTSB documents, and stands for Pilot In Command.

You were close 😁

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman