DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered a new Mavic...

Grungymike95

Reactions
Just put in an order for a Mavic without RC. If anyone has any tips/advice, maybe a form of checklist I should go through before every flight to make sure I don't lose another Mavic, please do share.

Also, is it possible that I might have some connection issues since I'm using a new Mavic with an old RC?

Oh and, heres a short video of some beach clips that I shot with my old Mavic. Honestly, looking at the old footage that I was able to get with the Mavic made me go ahead and order a 2nd Mavic without a hesitation.

Always be aware of your surroundings.
Pay attentions to all on screen WARNINGS!
Set RTH higher than anything around you where you fly.
Observe FAA rules and regulations.
Remove Gimbal clamp b4 power ON (you already know this).
Wait for that message "Home point recorded,chk map" before taking off.
In any event of trouble, keep your COOL and don't PANIC.....FOCUS!

More advise to come from more experienced Pilots I'm sure.

GOOD LUCK!

Always be aware of your surroundings.
Pay attentions to all on screen WARNINGS!
Set RTH higher than anything around you where you fly.
Observe FAA rules and regulations.
Remove Gimbal clamp b4 power ON (you already know this).
Wait for that message "Home point recorded,chk map" before taking off.
In any event of trouble, keep your COOL and don't PANIC.....FOCUS!

More advise to come from more experienced Pilots I'm sure.

GOOD LUCK!

Thank you!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Nice vid.

You'll need to link the old controller to the new MP. Piece of cake.
  • GO APP - find the link function and start it;
  • press the button on the side of the MP near the data card.
Read the manual cover to cover twice before you read it a third time. Yes, print it. Yes, use a high lighter!
Adjust both to your needs.

(Aw shucks I see T-D has beat me to it, but I'll leave both anyway).

I'll add that it's educational to read the "I lost my Mavic" threads that pop up. There are a dozen at least.

While the "investigators" can be blunt, they are not mean. They mean well. And they do a good job of picking apart accidents and incidents based on the report of the pilot and especially the forensic digging through the log files.

The "NTSB" of MP's. Pay attention to these bad a$$es. In no particular order.
And I pitch in too

Hoping you never go through that - but reading those threads is a good way to learn how people get into trouble w/o meaning to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberpower678
I'll add that it's educational to read the "I lost my Mavic" threads that pop up. There are a dozen at least.

While the "investigators" can be blunt, they are not mean. They mean well. And they do a good job of picking apart accidents and incidents based on the report of the pilot and especially the forensic digging through the log files.

The "NTSB" of MP's. Pay attention to these bad a$$es. In no particular order.
And I pitch in too

Hoping you never go through that - but reading those threads is a good way to learn how people get into trouble w/o meaning to.

Don't forget @Robbyg

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

Thanks, dude!

Nice vid.

You'll need to link the old controller to the new MP. Piece of cake.
  • GO APP - find the link function and start it;
  • press the button on the side of the MP near the data card.
Read the manual cover to cover twice before you read it a third time. Yes, print it. Yes, use a high lighter!
Adjust both to your needs.

(Aw shucks I see T-D has beat me to it, but I'll leave both anyway).

Thanks bro ✌️

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
I think the best advice I can give is fly remember the sports mode switch. If you find your bird acting weird or trying to auto land a quick switch to sports mode can override any auto mode.

I'm curious, what happened to your old Mavic?

Long story short. I flew in behind a 36 story high building, even though the mavic was only 160 meters away from me, I lost signal. I was prompted to initiate RTH, which I did. Problem was the fact that my RTH altitude was set to 30 meters(by default). And the obstacle avoidance failed to see the building because the building has giagantic glass windows, and it was sunny out, a lot of reflections on the windows. Mavic's sensors got confused and thought it was clear up ahead. And crashed into the building. I was never able to located it even though I dedicated 2 days into a search and rescue mission.

Reactions: Cerberus
Long story short. I flew in behind a 36 story high building, even though the mavic was only 160 meters away from me, I lost signal. I was prompted to initiate RTH, which I did. Problem was the fact that my RTH altitude was set to 30 meters(by default). And the obstacle avoidance failed to see the building because the building has giagantic glass windows, and it was sunny out, a lot of reflections on the windows. Mavic's sensors got confused and thought it was clear up ahead. And crashed into the building. I was never able to located it even though I dedicated 2 days into a search and rescue mission.

Sorry to bring up from you... sorry for your loss..

Well, I bet at least this will make you take care of your second bird more.. so its not all that bad, I think
Fly safe..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78