DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Karma updates?

TheLightSpeed!

Reactions
So how many of you think this Karma recall will bury GoPro?

They have to have millions upon millions in inventory, tooling, parts right? Dare we say a Billion?

Just think of the preparation GoPro went through to roll this out. Stockpiling the thousands of pieces to build millions of Karma's.

It's really kind of sad. Karma could have been amazing had they adapted to the market. It's like they started two years based on what was good back then and didn't update as the world around them changed.

Will it bankrupt them? Will they try to relaunch? Will anyone trust them with Drones?

DJI would have never recalled their drone. They would have kept pushing updates until it was fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I believe that all users who bought a Karma and returned it got a free GoPro as "gift".
Nice gesture from GoPro.

I hope they can survive but I'm not sure as they have lost it totally. The camera is in the hero 5 is very old technology. Every DJI camera has much better quality even the Mavic. If they can't even keep the camera up to date how can they hope to make a drone. They are losing their own market to cheaper action cameras which have caught them up in terms of options and photo quality. Sad to see

(@teslar ) The GoPro H5 defiantly is superior to the camera in the Mavic in terms of image quality. I personally doubt the Karma will kill GoPro. If you want an action camera, what is the first camera that comes to mind? GOPRO... I ask anyone less tech savvy in my family or at uni and they will say GoPro for an action camera in the same way that people buy iPhones over Android phones - the majority of the Android phones are superior in terms of hardware but people are still throwing money at Apple...

(@teslar ) The GoPro H5 defiantly is superior to the camera in the Mavic in terms of image quality. I personally doubt the Karma will kill GoPro. If you want an action camera, what is the first camera that comes to mind? GOPRO... I ask anyone less tech savvy in my family or at uni and they will say GoPro for an action camera in the same way that people buy iPhones over Android phones - the majority of the Android phones are superior in terms of hardware but people are still throwing money at Apple...

Did you really mean defiantly or some other word?

Androids are not superior to Apple for hardware. If they were they would be leading the pack. Androids are a yugo motor in a Ferrari shell. Apple is the Ferrari and has both the drivetrain and the car.

I think this could be the death of GoPro! While lots of people use their cameras, you have to remember when you go to BestBuy, you're greeted with GoPro certainly and now many other brands that are almost identical to the GoPro!

Best Buy has pulled all Karma's from the shelves!

That old inventory has to get destroyed and start all over. I can't imagine them fixing them and trying this again!

"ITS KARMA!!! It's so much more than a drone!" He said, screaming at the audience. It was more than a drone, it's a death brick that falls from the heavens and kills people!

MAVIC pro 5 video-drone cam shoot-out - YouTube

The Hero 5 and others has poor dynamic range the worst on test. Also as a photographer I have experience and understand sensor technology. GoPro have slipped behind in nearly everything. They are trading in their name and desperate for success but failing at everything just now. A recipe for disaster

KARMA. Do over. Just re-released. (Guess I should go to a Karma Pilots Forum) Anybody planning on getting one?

I was ... but not now. They blew it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, such a shame. Great products and customer service in the past but they have just not kept up. I feel really sorry for them right now. The Karma will hurt them, no question about that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78