DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

keep getting SD card write is too slow when doing timelapse

lionstone

Reactions
Hello pilots!

Flying an Air3, using Sandisk Imagemate pro 256GB and trying to do a hyperlapse, I keep getting "SD write speed is too slow".
I started with photo interval every 2 seconds and got this error pretty consistently. I moved to every 3 seconds which worked when hyperlapse length was 5 seconds.
Strange thing is that when trying to create a longer hyperlapse - 10 seconds, 3 sec interval - it started giving the error again.

5 seconds hyperlapse is fine but changing to 10 seconds HL and the card is suddenly too slow?!
I changed to 4 seconds interval, 10 seconds HL and I'm still getting the error.
I'm taking 4k videos all day long so not sure if the card is the problem..

Anyone else saw this? any recommendation?

Thanks!

I've never gotten a speed warning from a V30 card in my drones, including doing 5.3k video, but my GoPro sure is a pain in the a*% about it. Usually reformatting fixes the problem, which crops up every couple of weeks. Weird to be getting it in a photo mode though. Obviously I would try reformatting, then trying a different card, THEN maybe doing a hard reset of the drone itself.

Thanks Boba for the quick reply.. I'll begin with formatting the card.

I shoot 2 second hyperlases in RAW with the Mini 4 Pro with no issues. I've used both the SanDisk Extreme PRO and the Kingston CANVAS Go.
Lionstone, does the 2 second hyperlapses work with your Mini 2? I also used both of these cards on my old Mavic 2 Pro for 2 second hyperlapses, shot in RAW only.

Hello pilots!

Flying an Air3, using Sandisk Imagemate pro 256GB and trying to do a hyperlapse, I keep getting "SD write speed is too slow".
I started with photo interval every 2 seconds and got this error pretty consistently. I moved to every 3 seconds which worked when hyperlapse length was 5 seconds.
Strange thing is that when trying to create a longer hyperlapse - 10 seconds, 3 sec interval - it started giving the error again.

5 seconds hyperlapse is fine but changing to 10 seconds HL and the card is suddenly too slow?!
I changed to 4 seconds interval, 10 seconds HL and I'm still getting the error.
I'm taking 4k videos all day long so not sure if the card is the problem..

Anyone else saw this? any recommendation?

Thanks!
One thing I've noticed that fixes the problem every time when it used to happen to me back in the day was to make sure I formated the card in the device I use it in. If I choose to use the card in another device, I make sure to reformat it for that device.

If that doesn't work, the. Your sd card is either defective or a fake.

Good luck!

V30 U3, but the key is A2. You can use A1 with V90, but that's like 3x the cost. If A2 isn't listed on your card, safe to assume its A1.l

Thanks everyone for your answers!

Turned out that I was using RAW. switched to JPG and results are better. what's odd is that it's inconsitant - one HL w/2 sec interval is successful and then the following one is stopped.
What I also learned that even after getting the error I can continue the HL and it's unnoticable in the final video.
I didn't format the card at any stage.

Thanks again and merry Christmas!

Thanks everyone for your answers!
Turned out that I was using RAW. switched to JPG and results are better. what's odd is that it's inconsitant - one HL w/2 sec interval is successful and then the following one is stopped. What I also learned that even after getting the error I can continue the HL and it's unnoticable in the final video. I didn't format the card at any stage.

Thanks again and merry Christmas!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown