DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kid on bike tried to shoot my MP down.

johnyaya

Reactions
I was flying at 200 feet when a kid on a bike went into his house and came out with a gun.

Sorry about the quality. The video was shot in 1080p near sunset.

The link worked.

You do realize it appears you're doing EXACTLY what John Q. Public is afraid even single one of us are doing.. SPYING.

While it's grossly irresponsible and dangerous to fire up into the air like that you've got to understand how intimidating that would be to the person on the ground.

I can't make out what he has and I certain don't see him raise anything to be able to shoot.

Reactions: BigAl07
You can see it better on the YouTube site for some reason also I edited it with Go 4. From my tablet. I was wearing goggles at the time it was pretty clear. Any how I essentially going to stick around to find out if it was real.

You can see it better on the YouTube site for some reason also I edited it with Go 4. From my tablet. I was wearing goggles at the time it was pretty clear. Any how I essentially going to stick around to find out if it was real.

Currently its onl 720p on YT. If you edited on your tablet it sounds like it's not 1080 from the SD card and it's 720 from your cached file.

And what are you doing spying and bothering that kid? Do you think that's correct? [emoji34]
I was flying in a open field not trying to go over any houses. I was at 200 feet.
When I saw the kid look up at the drone turn around and change direction. I tried to stay over the field and be courteous. It was so strang of a reaction to the drone.
I really haven't flown over there before. I was actually looking for sandhill cranes.

The link worked.

You do realize it appears you're doing EXACTLY what John Q. Public is afraid even single one of us are doing.. SPYING.

While it's grossly irresponsible and dangerous to fire up into the air like that you've got to understand how intimidating that would be to the person on the ground.

While if he did get a gun (pellet?) he is in the wrong, but... what you did is also not right.
You were more or less surveilling him by hovering there and then zooming in.
Be careful not to appear as a stalker or you may get a visit from your local LEO.
Stay safe out there.

Reactions: Drone63 and BigAl07
Go back another day and get the footage of the tosser drawing a gun in public to shoot someones property, then take it to the law and have the clown charged.
So long as he/she doesn't shoot it's not a problem. Maybe just looking through the scope to get a better idea of what's spying on them . . .

If the general public are that paranoid about drones then they should be banned fullstop according to some dills here.

If? Seriously IF? Have you not read the myriad of comments by John Q. Public worried about being spied upon by our hobby grade UAS? That's probably the single most common worry/concern/misconception we hear around the world. So why play into it and increase (verify) the paranoia?

Yeah maybe it was 270 Win with a carle zues 10x 70 :rolleyes:

huh?

Im saying if typical wads are pulling out a gun everytime there is drone in the air then its time to seriously reconsider this hobby.

Also i said bring the law into it and you said, "nah its ok, they just looking" wtf?

Well I'll drop out of this thread because obviously you know everything and no one else deserves to have any other opinion.

It's all yours chief.

Haven’t seen the video but if I go by the previous comments, it appears you were “following” the person which is wrong. If that is what was done, it is actions like that which put the whole drone flying community in bad light with the public. Please fly your aircraft responsibly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes