DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lancaster/Harrisburg area.

Subliminal87

Reactions
So we have a cabin on the river behind three mile island. Using ALOFT, it looks like it should be good to go. It’s auto approved for flights up to 300 there.

Would I just do the LAANC request and that’s it? Put the date and time and done? Does the tower get notifications that it was approved?

I just want to make sure I do everything legally. There are no other restrictions in place on or around that island.

Reactions: GFields
Yep, you've got it. Once your flight is approved you have authorization in the specified airspace. The auto-approval will come from the tower.

Happy flying!

Attachments

• TMI.jpg
    TMI.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Just be aware that although you might get LAANC there can be our friends at dji who have to be sure you have LAANC approval and they will/might want a reference from the Tower which you can of course give them if you get it. I got LAANC in about 2 minutes in Naples FL and then spent 35 minutes trying to get dji to lift their controls-got it in the end. You may not have to go through this so try it out. Good luck.

I
Just be aware that although you might get LAANC there can be our friends at dji who have to be sure you have LAANC approval and they will/might want a reference from the Tower which you can of course give them if you get it. I got LAANC in about 2 minutes in Naples FL and then spent 35 minutes trying to get dji to lift their controls-got it in the end. You may not have to go through this so try it out. Good luck.
I did register in the DJI fly section to unlock areas already. Would I have to upload a copy of the LAANC authorization to that? Just wanna make sure I know everything before I try it.

Last edited:
I

I did register in the DJI fly section to unlock areas already. Would I have to upload a copy of the LAANC authorization to that? Just wanna make sure I know everything before I try it.
Not sure on this. Others here will be able to help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam the Slam