DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing on landing pad

Joel1521

Reactions
Has anyone used the landing pad which comes with the package to land? Is it just for show or is the RTH some somehow improved?

the landing pads are good for tall grassy areas. or dusty dirty spots so when take off and land the dirt, dust, and debris isnt blown right up into the drone and stuff. they are no way needed. but are more a choice

The Landing Pad also provides excellent contrast for the Precision Landing process. My M2P will land within an inch or two of the original takeoff location on the Landing Pad.

Reactions: devisger
because the mav is so low to the ground it is advisable to use the take off landing pad to protect the props and motors as an alternative there are landing leg extentions that do the same thing

The Landing Pad also provides excellent contrast for the Precision Landing process. My M2P will land within an inch or two of the original takeoff location on the Landing Pad.

I understand the clean take off and landing "clearing" that the pad provides, as others have written. I find that with the use of the RTH button, it usually does a pretty good job of landing at the same spot it took off from, but not always. Are you saying with the landing pad the Drone uses the contrast of the pad to help locate the landing spot?

I understand the clean take off and landing "clearing" that the pad provides, as others have written. I find that with the use of the RTH button, it usually does a pretty good job of landing at the same spot it took off from, but not always. Are you saying with the landing pad the Drone uses the contrast of the pad to help locate the landing spot?
do you have precision landing enabled its the small tick box above the slide to take off icon on the display if you use it the mav will land pretty much where it took off from. yes the contrasting pattern does help, and plus the fact that in precision landing mode the mav goes up to a preset height and saves the picture it get in its memory that why it turns in the direction it took off from before it descends in a RTH

Yes. You must however ascend to about 30ft for a few seconds to let the drone get a good image of where it took off. Russ at 51Drones on youtube has a good demonstration.

Reactions: old man mavic
Yes. You must however ascend to about 30ft for a few seconds to let the drone get a good image of where it took off. Russ at 51Drones on youtube has a good demonstration.
i think that the mav pro is different from the mav2 on my MPP if i press precision landing it automatically rises to a similar height no need for any input from me

i think that the mav pro is different from the mav2 on my MPP if i press precision landing it automatically rises to a similar height no need for any input from me

You are correct, it is from the user stand point a little different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrZ0G