DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Last Weeks Flights compilation

Hexagon

Reactions
Hello everyone,

after almost a year of happy flying, first with me P3S, and later with the Mavic, I got quite confident with flying around and at safe environments. As time went by the itch of getting the perfect shot was getting bigger. I found out that in most cases I had to fly alot in order to capture a single nice shot, this requires planning, experimenting, correct settings, correct angle, patience etc. etc. Moreover, I also found out that half of the magic was behind production and video presentation, aka montage... During the p3s days I was using Camtasia Studio 8 while nowadays I am experimenting in Davinci Resolve 12.5. After lots of testing in the mavic camera settings I ended up filming at 2.7K 30fps, and most of the times at sharpness +1,Contrast -2, Saturation -1 @ D-Cinelike... I also had to find out how to apply a smoother timeline experience during editing via shadow copies, that helped a lot despite the fact that a single 700MB video file can be translated to 70GB of data...

Its a whole new game for me and I am willing to read and play! My latest video was created in Davinci and includes some shots of my latest flights. No color correction at all (no time found to read about that yet) but lots of editing, playing with transitions (mostly fades), text, and clip speeds...

Last shot was 2km away in the open sea chasing a fishing boat surrounded be seagulls, wanted a closer shot but did not risk it...

any comments are welcomed, as I said it is a whole new game so tips for getting better will be appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi