DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest dji Mavic Pro shipment news!

Palliz

Reactions
OK I introduced myself here after having pre-ordered the Mavic Pro package 1st October.
I ordered from Yitamotor via eBay & here's the latest from them................see attached.
They charged my Credit card the same day the order went through 1st October
They are asking me what I want to do? I honestly cannot reply right now as I am still trying to calm down before I do eventually reply...... I am so freakin PISSED!
Do NOT order from these people.............you have been warned

*** Anyone here have anywhere that I can order from that would be quicker than these jokers? ***

Attachments

• IMG-20161028-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20161028-WA0000.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 309
Yeah, I discovered pretty quickly to stay away from Yitamotors after they charged for a Mavic battery and shipped a toy drone instead.

The problem is not Yitamotor's fault....it's a worldwide problem with DJI not being able to supply. Apple in the UK originally said they would have them in store on 1st November...that date has now been put forward to 29th December on their website!

I know it sucks, but we're all in the same boat. (Apart from the lucky few who've already received them, just so DJI can boast that they're now shipping).

The problem is not Yitamotor's fault....it's a worldwide problem with DJI not being able to supply. Apple in the UK originally said they would have them in store on 1st November...that date has now been put forward to 29th December on their website!

I know it sucks, but we're all in the same boat. (Apart from the lucky few who've already received them, just so DJI can boast that they're now shipping).
Yeah I know man - I have since calmed down & sucked it up!
So I can admit that I was aware of the trend towards late shipments on the Mavic - was hoping to be one of the 'lucky few' guess..........lol

Reactions: jowens
Unfortunate situation. Be very careful when purchasing on eBay and Amazon. There has been lots of communication lately with DJI regarding pre-sale orders and unauthorized sellers posing as dealers and preying on customers with pre-orders. Just spoke with a gentleman that had pre-ordered on Amazon and he was sent a mini-drone while waiting for the pre-order and now wants to cancel the order but the seller is saying the product has been shipped. The buyer is now involved in a claim that can't simply be an "I didn't receive claim" but a "the buyer is not accepting my return" because Amazon sees that the seller shipped them something with confirmed tracking (a $10 mini drone and not the actual Mavic) which he got charged for when they shipped the mini drone. Sure hope Amazon takes their time to actually look into the situation and makes the right decision.

Not saying this is a situation of this by any means but the broken English isn't the most comforting after seeing the gentleman's communication with the seller in the Amazon claim which was also very broken English. Bottom line is be careful and ask the ask the right questions on these third party sites. As drones become more and more popular, unauthorized selling is becoming much more prevalent and both Advexure and DJI are working to target the source of these scams. With that being said, if you do see what you believe is an apparent scam or "shady listing" of DJI product, report it to us or DJI as we are working with DJI on an undercover buying program to reduce drone-buying scams.

Reactions: jowens and Skydog
Unfortunate situation. Be very careful when purchasing on eBay and Amazon. There has been lots of communication lately with DJI regarding pre-sale orders and unauthorized sellers posing as dealers and preying on customers with pre-orders. Just spoke with a gentleman that had pre-ordered on Amazon and he was sent a mini-drone while waiting for the pre-order and now wants to cancel the order but the seller is saying the product has been shipped. The buyer is now involved in a claim that can't simply be an "I didn't receive claim" but a "the buyer is not accepting my return" because Amazon sees that the seller shipped them something with confirmed tracking (a $10 mini drone and not the actual Mavic) which he got charged for when they shipped the mini drone. Sure hope Amazon takes their time to actually look into the situation and makes the right decision.

Not saying this is a situation of this by any means but the broken English isn't the most comforting after seeing the gentleman's communication with the seller in the Amazon claim which was also very broken English. Bottom line is be careful and ask the ask the right questions on these third party sites. As drones become more and more popular, unauthorized selling is becoming much more prevalent and both Advexure and DJI are working to target the source of these scams. With that being said, if you do see what you believe is an apparent scam or "shady listing" of DJI product, report it to us or DJI as we are working with DJI on an undercover buying program to reduce drone-buying scams.

Yes I did see the report about the 'mini-drone' etc - That is sick!
Yitamotor is a dji US Authorized dealer - did some checking before ordering:-

DJI Mavic Pro Collapsible Quadcopter+2 Intelligent Flight Batteries+Shoulder Bag | eBay

It still doesn't sit well when so many pre-orders have been taken & shipping dates continue to be pushed back - being charged in advance too!
Rant over - sunk in - gotta be MORE patient ( all over again )

For me its looking like this:
BB Mavic+RC delivery estimate of 11/30
B&H FlyLess receiving stock is TBD!

Honestly the only reason I didn't go with DJI was because the store basically crashed after the announcement and I said screw it I'll use an authorized retailer. I ended up using B&H (as soon as it went live on their website) and BB (a few days later)...whoever delivers first will get my money. I understand DJI is at fault here, but I was aware it might be sometime to get one regardless. I sold my p3p kit but I should note that I wasn't one of those people who use it for work but were dumb enough to sell their only working product for a preorder (that's a poor business decision).

If I was 20 years younger, I might be a little more bothered by it due to a lack of patience. Do not be upset with yitamotor, as they are in the same boat as any other vendor. Be wary of betting on DJI releases in the future. Their ability to send the product to market is also worth scrutiny but I'm not sure you can use that to discount the quality of the product itself. Since you can't do anything to speed things up, getting upset about it only leads to cellular aging and oxidative stress, and who wants to look old and have a higher chance of developing cancer?

Everyone is being hit by the same lack of stock and that is kind of unavoidable here. BUT... I ordered from Amazon and specifically from Koozam who has NOT charged my credit card and will not until they have the order to ship. It would PISS me off if I had $1000 sitting gathering interest on a credit card for a month or more because that's how they conduct business. No reputable business would conduct it that way. Just sayin... .

Everyone is being hit by the same lack of stock and that is kind of unavoidable here. BUT... I ordered from Amazon and specifically from Koozam who has NOT charged my credit card and will not until they have the order to ship. It would PISS me off if I had $1000 sitting gathering interest on a credit card for a month or more because that's how they conduct business. No reputable business would conduct it that way. Just sayin... .

What kind of interest rates are you getting that you'd be pissed at the interest collected in one month?

edit: if you're really hurting for dimes, then maybe the mavic isn't a good financial decision :D

Last edited:
Reactions: crbalch
What kind of interest rates are you getting that you'd be pissed at the interest collected in one month?
For me it's more about proper business conduct than the amount of money. Yes, interest would cost something but charging you when there is not really any "known" shipping date yet. To me, that is not the right way to conduct business.

OK I introduced myself here after having pre-ordered the Mavic Pro package 1st October.
I ordered from Yitamotor via eBay & here's the latest from them................see attached.
They charged my Credit card the same day the order went through 1st October
They are asking me what I want to do? I honestly cannot reply right now as I am still trying to calm down before I do eventually reply...... I am so freakin PISSED!
Do NOT order from these people.............you have been warned

*** Anyone here have anywhere that I can order from that would be quicker than these jokers? ***

It is not them. They get their supply from DJI. I have the same email from Best Buy, and, other people who ordered from 3rd parties are hearing the same thing. I know it sucks, but breath...

01106a9e4b9ab560308cd5f846700946.jpg

Trump-Pence 2016

Be very careful when purchasing on eBay and Amazon. There has been lots of communication lately with DJI regarding pre-sale orders and unauthorized sellers posing as dealers and preying on customers with pre-orders.
Other than the recent unfortunate situation with Yitamotor, buying on Amazon is a great way to buy DJI aircraft -- even more so when Amazon is fulfilling the orders. There are no Mavics in any of Amazon's warehouses yet, so all orders are currently being fulfilled by the sellers.

I agree that it's very important to ensure the seller is an authorized DJI dealer. It's even more important for those people who live in the US since DJI will not honor their warranty when buying from sellers who are not authorized DJI dealers. I keep a list of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon here.

Whilst I realise that everyone is in the 'same boat', it is a boat that was launched by DJI. They told us at the launch event that this would be available mid October, then early November, now we're beginning to see January! This appears to be that they KNEW they couldn't produce the product to the timescales stated and were simply after the customers who would have bought the Go-Pro offering. The whole thing is beginning to look like a sham - no news from DJI themselves (of any value), dealers and distributors giving conflicting information and us, the customer, left in the dark. I have a Mavic on pre-order, my retailer is not charging me until it ships but it appears that a fair whack of us have been charged 'up front' for something that is, blatantly, not available. The whole situation has left a taint in my mouth with the conduct of DJI, when it was totally uncalled for. Those who looked at the specs of the two drones, by DJI and Go-Pro, who are 'knowledgeable' about them to begin with, would more than likely opt for the Mavic. So why didn't DJI cut the pretence and just tell us? This is taking the pi** out of loyal customers and, even though I've not been charged, I'm considering cancelling my order for the Mavic. I've still got my P4 to use and, let's face it, there's not a lot wrong with that! Really quite annoyed by the whole thing - I don't like being taken for a fool and this is what DJI are doing to all of us.

Yeah, I discovered pretty quickly to stay away from Yitamotors after they charged for a Mavic battery and shipped a toy drone instead.
I ordered from yitamotor via Amazon, and I haven't been charged. I placed the order in a week ago. I'm wondering since I ordered using my Amazon Store card, and that's prohaps why there is no charge,yet...

I ordered from yitamotor via Amazon, and I haven't been charged. I placed the order in a week ago. I'm wondering since I ordered using my Amazon Store card, and that's prohaps why there is no charge,yet...
I'm thinking Amazon, or any sellers selling on Amazon, are not allowed to charge your CC until the item has actually shipped. At least that is the way it has always worked for me.

I'm wondering since I ordered using my Amazon Store card, and that's prohaps why there is no charge,yet...
It's probably more likely that Amazon told them to stop shipping the small drone, packets of information, etc. just to be able to charge the card ahead of time.

It's probably more likely that Amazon told them to stop shipping the small drone, packets of information, etc. just to be able to charge the card ahead of time.
I have no plans on canceling because of a late shipment, figured it's a good thing things are taking a bit longer to ship. I want it delivered with all the bugs reported, gone.
Shipment is for Dec1-Dec16th. Ordered a bundle...on a side note yitamotor bundle prices are a lot cheaper then other 3rd party vendors, I was a little sceptical...but it seems legit. They are a DJI authorized dealer.

I have no plans on canceling because of a late shipment, figured it's a good thing things are taking a bit longer to ship. I want it delivered with all the bugs reported, gone.
Shipment is for Dec1-Dec16th. Ordered a bundle...on a side note yitamotor bundle prices are a lot cheaper then other 3rd party vendors, I was a little sceptical...but it seems legit. They are a DJI authorized dealer.
How much lot cheaper as I see $999/$1299 the standard prices on Amazon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78