DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leave propellors on or off?

sergi91

Reactions
Hi i am new mavic flyer and was woudering if i should keep a habit of removing props or to simply leave them on ? Any different point of view? Thanks in advance flyers

From Canada

I guess I'm the outsider. I take them off for one reason only. To inspect them and make sure they have not caught something minor and nicked or cracked the prop without detection. The inspection takes place twice. Once coming off and once going on with double check to make sure they are locked.

I take the front two off so it fits into the fly more bag better.

I always take the props off after flying. Since I'm going to inspect them before flying the next time, they are going to come after at some point anyhow. Plus, I don't have to worry about the props getting damaged when storing/transporting my Mavic in a bag/case.

I only take them off when storing the Mavic within its bag for longer than few days, either within the Fly More Combo bag or the sling bag for the Goggles. Just to ensure there is no permanent pressure onto the props which could deform them.

Reactions: Youser
I guess I'm the outsider. I take them off for one reason only. To inspect them and make sure they have not caught something minor and nicked or cracked the prop without detection. The inspection takes place twice. Once coming off and once going on with double check to make sure they are locked.
Good point

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman