DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left Stick Shutdown

jamiemink

Reactions
If this has been posted, forgive me. I searched and cannot find any reference to my question.

When at a high altitude and a quick decent is commanded, would pulling the left stick all the way down to the hard stop (and holding it there) kill the motors? I've been careful not to make a bonehead move in case it does, not certain and I don't want to find out the expensive way.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If this has been posted, forgive me. I searched and cannot find any reference to my question.

When at a high altitude and a quick decent is commanded, would pulling the left stick all the way down to the hard stop (and holding it there) kill the motors? I've been careful not to make a bonehead move in case it does, not certain and I don't want to find out the expensive way.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
No, pulling the left stick all the way down will not kill the motors during flight.

Pulling the left stick down will only kill the motors after the Mavic has stopped descending for ~3 seconds.

Reactions: jamiemink
Pulling the left stick down will only kill the motors after the Mavic has stopped descending for ~3 seconds.

Really? No second variable in that equation, like downward ultrasonic distance measurement? You mean it would shut down the motors in flight if it stopped descending because of enough wind blowing upwards, like in a mall entrance?

Reactions: maikm
Left and right sticks down and in will kill motors. Don't do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holding down the left stick will bring down the drone all the way down..... and then it will hover about 2' off the ground. when I get there I release and let it hover for a couple of seconds.... I then hold down the left stick again and the drone lands and then shuts off the props.

Left and right sticks down and in will kill motors. Don't do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done left only, in and to the right and it shut down. I did grab it though because it tried to raise altitude because of the sensors.

This frightened me a lot!!! :eek: So if I try to bring it down and suddenly - for unknown reason - it stops descending for ~3 seconds I could kill its motors, no matter the height??

Now I wonder what is the fastest way to bring it down? o_O

if I try to bring it down and suddenly - for unknown reason - it stops descending for ~3 seconds I could kill its motors, no matter the height?
This is likely impossible. I've never heard of anyone doing this with any of DJI's products.

I wonder what is the fastest way to bring it down?
Full throttle stick down is the fastest way to get the Mavic to the ground. If the Mavic starts to wobble, moving horizontally at the same time will prevent that from occurring.

Reactions: ed1nh0

I think with full left stick down, MavicHelp means they are idling or close to. The engines are still turned on
you can commence a landing shutdown with left stick down, in litchi at least
but only when it senses you are landing

Only way to kill power to engines is, by default, sticks down and in, and even then only in a hover.
it wouldnt do it if you had the sticks down and in in flight for some reason.

Is that accurate mavichelp?

I think with full left stick down, MavicHelp means they are idling or close to. The engines are still turned on
I mean the motors will not stop until the Mavic has landed.

Only way to kill power to engines is, by default, sticks down and in, and even then only in a hover. it wouldnt do it if you had the sticks down and in in flight for some reason.
Down and in (a CSC) will shut down the motors mid-flight. It doesn't matter if the Mavic is hovering, ascending, descending, etc.

Note: The following setting can be configured in DJI GO to prevent a CSC from being accidentally initiated mid-flight:

DJI-GO-Stop-Motor-Method-Apple.jpg

Last edited:
interesting. I would have imagined at some point users would be panning right while descending, flying backwards and sliding to the left. would be a terrible way to lose MP, thus the setting i guess.

just so im clear before changing it, how does one turn the engines off if the CSC setting is changed msginer?

just so im clear before changing it, how does one turn the engines off if the CSC setting is changed msginer?
In a normal situation? You'd hold the left stick (throttle) down for 3 seconds when/after landing.

In an emergecy situation? DJI does not have documentation to show a list of all possible emergency situations where CSC will work when using the "For use in emergencies only" situation. It definitely will not work in normal flight situations though -- e.g. your Mavic is heading toward a crowd of people and you want to kill the motors.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twentytree