DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets hear from everyone who hasn't has promblems with there Mavic

I've had mine out a couple of times with no issues. I was impressed how tough it is. I believe I did something wrong on one of my flights that got the home point screwed up, when I hit the RTH button when it was almost right over the take off spot, headed up to the right height and promptly took off to the west of me? I cancelled the RTH brought it back and down to 25 feet and tried it again. It took off to the west and right in to my large oak tree. Hit the branches, plunged straight down, with me going NOoooo!! cringing, but it righted itself and leveled off enough to just miss the driveway by a foot or too. It was going down too fast to stop it's downward momentum, but it just went level for 8 feet and tumbled in the grass. All that was wrong is a couple of small nicks in two blades, and a small crack in another blade. I super glued the blade, sanded it down a little, along with the nicks and flew it around again with no issues. It was amazing save from a bad crash.
It has been working great for me and I'm an very inexperienced pilot. I was able to navigate it in between a bunch of small branches and get some great shots of tree damage at the top of the tree I needed to see. It was so stable and easy to maneuver even though there was a pretty good wind at the time. I also have two cell towers about 3 blocks from my house, no problems so far.

Very impressive. Love it!

Brianna - Replace those blades! Good effort trying to restore them, but they are now imbalanced. This will cause the motors to prematurely fail. Don't ever fly with damaged blades. :)

Reactions: Brianna
Brianna - Replace those blades! Good effort trying to restore them, but they are now imbalanced. This will cause the motors to prematurely fail. Don't ever fly with damaged blades. :)

Thank you for the advice. I did try balancing it again, and got it as close as I could, it is really hard with working with such small differences. I did just get my spare package of them today, so I'll just replace it at this point now.

Have a great one. :)

7b152a67ccdf1adaaaa3226cf54db388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Brianna
No serious issues yet. Had an over load on a battery once but went away immediately.
In an unexpected string cold wind
My mavic went from 30% to 10% then auto landed 2 kms away and that was a serious scare but pilot error not machine.

You are taking a pretty big risk flying with super glue holding your props together. I wouldn't fly it until the props were replaced.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm sorry was that for me. Did I mention I was flying with super glue on my props? Not me

No, it was a reply to another person in the same thread. That happens often on forums. If it doesn't seem like it applies to you, assume it doesn't.

I had no problems flying that day, did not feel any abnormal vibrations at all in the motor assembly. It was a small crack. I did already take flatlandor's advice and replaced it right away. Thank you any ways. ;)

Got mine at the end of October, I flew in about 35 flights and never had a single issue, that sound you hear is me knocking on wood.

Flew mine at the weekend for the first time. Absolutely flawless and delighted with this cracking bit of technology. Gimbal level, video and focussing spot on. Tried rth spot landing on a 16 inch drone pad. It landed totally on the pad, exactly where it took of from. I for one am a happy bunny. Well worth the wait.

If the super glue fits... lol. My advice applies to any noticeable defects that are related to the props. It is the least expensive disposable component of the Mavic. It is one of several components for which failure equates to total loss of your Mavic. I'm not great at math but seems like a good idea to chunk the props when you notice they are damaged.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Had mine since late October, early November. Flown plenty of times in the UK and travelled to the US and Germany with it. Awesome to travel with as its compact size allows you to taken other camera gear in a normal size backpack without having to think of inventive ways to put items around clumsy Phantom landing gear and gimbal.

Not had any issues so far.

Forums are for people to ask for help, so you always see lots of problems, everyone else with the good units are out enjoying themselves!

28 flights in and about 3 hours of flight time. Only had one small issue.

One one of the flights I did RTH, had a good 50% left on the battery, it came almost back to home but then started to set down onto the roof of the house nextdoor. I checked the screen, it did show the right homepoint and also the aircraft had GPS. I quickly canceled before it actually sat down on the roof and then flew it over another 100 ft to put it back on it's homepoint manually.

Not a big issue, just was a little odd.

With all the issues I'm reading on the forums. Lets hear from the ones with no issues and how many flights you have in. Thanks

So far so good, already flown over 150km in about 10:30h, not a single glitch.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.PNG
    IMG_2781.PNG
    197.7 KB · Views: 26
No issues whatsoever very pleased its an amazing machine and tried the DJIGO 4 app too no problems there. I just had 3 warnings though that i think are just glitches if someone knows what they are. One of them i saw a thread about but did not end up anywhere. 1 was the "gimbal overload"
message when there was no issue with the gimbal nor an obstruction, bird was on a flat surface motors off and then went away after leaving and re-entering the app and the 2nd i saw 2 times "mobile device GPS error" it comes for like 5 secs and disappears but had no issue when it appeared and the bird was stable.
"

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
So can you load both apps and run either app on a tablet. I have a P3P so I need the DJI Go app for sure. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H810 using MavicPilots mobile app

18 flights - 3 hrs ni issues what so ever.... Perform better as I expected...

Love this drone.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan