DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets hear from everyone who hasn't has promblems with there Mavic

Approx 10 flights, flew in the open, in woods, tested RTH, sport mode, photo and video. All done in clear but cold weather +4deg C.

No issues. Amazing piece of technology!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That sun glare is sometimes affecting my videos and i can see the props shadow in them. Of course when i change position or tilt the cam it goes away but it would be nice to get rid of it for good with some lense filter or something. I love the Mavic and like i said earlier so far no issues. Just love it i take it even at work with me lol
Invest in a set of ND filters. I have the Polar Pro 3 filter kit and it makes a huge difference. I only wish I had the ND32 filter as well.

Invest in a set of ND filters. I have the Polar Pro 3 filter kit and it makes a huge difference. I only wish I had the ND32 filter as well.
I know nothing about filters as i never used them before. Which one do i need exactly to get rid of that prop shadow issue pls? Could u put up the URL link for it pls?
All i want is one filter that i put on and use as generic at all times. Thank u.

Love my MP. The only two things that I'm less than perfectly happy (compared to my Phantom 4):

Because it's so light and the motor didn't have to be as powerful as P4, the performance under heavy wind is significantly impacted compared to P4.
I have to flick it over to Sport mode to get any decent movement when it's pretty windy.
Phantom, even under some serious wind, rarely struggled.

Auto-focus. Or the short comings in ability to focus as sharp automagically as Phantom. The gimbal is so much smaller, so I understand.

At the end of the day, the portability of MP outright puts it in ginormous plus for me.
I was originally going to sell my Phantom, but decided to keep it as well. They are in my opinion, completely different animal. Apples to oranges.

No unexpected problems whatsoever with my Mavic.

Reactions: TRP
Just had my first flight, no iPhone 7 disconnects, no RC disconnects things flew perfect and great. I can see us getting along real well

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
I know nothing about filters as i never used them before. Which one do i need exactly to get rid of that prop shadow issue pls? Could u put up the URL link for it pls?
All i want is one filter that i put on and use as generic at all times. Thank u.

There is no filter that will fix the prop shadow issue. The whole point of the other filters, though, is that they do things that help in certain circumstances; there is no filter that improves everything always no matter what the situation. The best "generic at all times" solution is the one that comes with the Mavic built-in.

Reactions: Mr Spock
I'm about one month in with my Mavic Pro, with just 16 flights adding up to only about 3 hours of flight time. I've eaten a couple props due to pilot error and hitting some branches, but have had zero issues with the MP itself and am flying it every chance I get.

This is my first semi-serious aerial photography drone purchase, after a couple small toy quads, an FPVManuals tricopter build that I could never quite tune, and a Lumenier QAV250 FPV build that is (still) loads of fun and fast as hell, and can carry a GoPro (reluctantly), but no gimbal/GPS/intelligent-modes to fall back on. That progression over about 4 years taught me a lot about drones and how to fly properly, which makes me even more impressed with how much the MP basically flies itself. It's absolutely amazing, and worth every penny.

I look forward now to building on those flying skills and focusing more on aerial photography and videography. I've just downloaded the Litchi app and plan to do some tinkering with waypoint missions and panoramas next. I've also ordered some PolarPro filters based on suggestions and example footage from the discussions here on MavicPilots, so we'll see how that works out. To that end, I'm also delighted to have discovered such a vast and knowledgeable community of pilots that are willing to share their experiences and expertise here and on other sites, which I've learned much from already and have inspired me to go out and do even more with my MP.

Cheers!

I've had the Mavic now for one week (her name is Auntie Em), and I have had absolutely no issues with her. Even if there was a glitch or two... I'll take a page out of Louis CK's book:

...it's a thing!! It's an object. And it is... flying!!! It's sending information to space and knows where it's at!! Could ya just be amazed that it's... it's flying?!

Reactions: scubari and DJ Kim
Three hours flying and no issues at all[emoji30][emoji211] I'm looking at her resting on the table.....she's a good little bird!

9d6d5460f789aacc89613c4fa9f8c795.jpg

57 flights, 6h37m in the air, 8km longest flight - no real problems - actually astonished at how well it performs

small annoyances:
- craft needs to be fully unpacked (incl gimbal cover) before checking/changing any settings
- DJI can't get terminology straight (gentle mode = tripod?!)
- obstacle avoidance can get you into trouble when landing in tight spaces
- all settings reset with firmware updates - you have to manually revisit every setting
- DJI arbitrarily and without warning removes key functionality - (e.g. ART mode)
- UX on an iPhone 6S is pretty appalling - tiny interface controls easy to miss and too crowded
- way too easy to forget to start filming
- why do we need 2 DJI Go apps?
- controller needs a mat cover in daylight
- IMU can initialise instantly or take up to 5min - no indication what's going on

Only one problem with my Mavic Pro Combo ======= I am still waiting for mine to arrive :(

ND8 is the most common use for drone. It can pull the shutter speed down in around 50 -250 at F2.2 and ISO 100 at day time.

57 flights, 6h37m in the air, 8km longest flight - no real problems - actually astonished at how well it performs

small annoyances:
- craft needs to be fully unpacked (incl gimbal cover) before checking/changing any settings
- DJI can't get terminology straight (gentle mode = tripod?!)
- obstacle avoidance can get you into trouble when landing in tight spaces
- all settings reset with firmware updates - you have to manually revisit every setting
- DJI arbitrarily and without warning removes key functionality - (e.g. ART mode)
- UX on an iPhone 6S is pretty appalling - tiny interface controls easy to miss and too crowded
- way too easy to forget to start filming
- why do we need 2 DJI Go apps?
- controller needs a mat cover in daylight
- IMU can initialise instantly or take up to 5min - no indication what's going on

It's this kind of information, the "not found in the First Looks video ads" kind of feedback, that really helps newcomers understand the good and bad of the system. Thanks for that.

About 20 flights in all conditions.
Dry hot deserts, hot humid rain forests, cold dry lava fields,
The drone is functioning perfectly.
Great device.

Q~

40+ flights, over 7 hours logged. No issues at all. Use Polarpro filters and storage case.
More than half of my flights were FPV Camera missions using the Beta App.
Just another excellent DJI product.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13