DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifejacket for Mavic Finished

Dragonfly

Reactions
Ive finally found the last pieces to complete the water landing gear for Mavic Pro. After much searching I found a egg type plastic shell that held a toy that split in half to open and was the perfect shape and size to fit in the ends of the noodles to make them more aerodynamic. This gives the water landing gear a better look and remains lightweight at 100gms.
The water landing gear will hold up over 1kg of weigh with ease and the Mavic at 730 gms sits in the water at about a third of the noodles.
Now very happy to fly over water knowing should anything go wrong my Mavic wont end up at the bottom thanks to its lifejacket/water gear.
7474a2ad2fa72ddb0bd22b2f0657d4a6.jpg

a34018e9dba926f5bb6d42f2d9b979a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

That's pretty **** cool
Is the holder 3D printed or Makeshift too?

edit: xxx is a swear? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AKent
Ive finally found the last pieces to complete the water landing gear for Mavic Pro. After much searching I found a egg type plastic shell that held a toy that split in half to open and was the perfect shape and size to fit in the ends of the noodles to make them more aerodynamic. This gives the water landing gear a better look and remains lightweight at 100gms.
The water landing gear will hold up over 1kg of weigh with ease and the Mavic at 730 gms sits in the water at about a third of the noodles.
Now very happy to fly over water knowing should anything go wrong my Mavic wont end up at the bottom thanks to its lifejacket/water gear.

I want the cost, the parts, and the labor needed as well as a video demonstration. This would sell like hotcakes. :D

Nice design - like others I'd like to see it integrated to the MP and I'd love to see it on the water!

I'd like to see it flying in sports mode and also landing/launching on water.

Reactions: pzwkfq

Can you share the 3D file for the print of the item that holds everything together? Is that what this is?

I want one with zebra stripes!! Come to think of it - a small battery inside the foam and two props at the end of the plastic dome - Please shipo one to me ASAP - what, 2 weeks you say???

Awesome!! IPO coming for sure!!!!

Reactions: Zoso
Uh, mavek is so small.. would like to modify design..

..be fRee and fLy..

I'm assuming you made these for accidental crashes and not for an intentional water landing???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan