DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and the mini

Should I purchase Litchi?

• Total voters

LtcdData

Reactions
I am looking for some advice. I tried to sign up for the beta of Litchi for the Mavic Mini. They are no longer taking beta testers but stated that if I purchased the software they would add me to the beta. My question is, should I purchase or should I wait? Thoughts?
TYIA!

Reactions: Emanáku
Personally I am speculating that there will be a 80% to 100% functional Litchi app within 6 months.
That said, I paid for the app two weeks ago to have access to the beta (iOS).
What works well in the beta for iOS: Pano and Focus.
What does not work:
  • Waypoints (some people doubt if it will ever work because it is unclear if the onboard processor is actually able to fly through an uploaded list of waypoints - if not, then Dronelink or similar might be better than Litchi - but needs a more potent device.).
  • Orbit (bummer!).
Track - I have not tried yet.

In FPV mode there is no Course Lock (bummer!) and no Home Lock.

I got my Mini three weeks ago, and this is my first drone. I need time to get comfortable with the many cogs and wheels of an app like Litchi. So I am happy right now with the things that work - they give me the opportunity to learn them thoroughly.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
In addition to what @Emanáku says, I also use Litchi and my iPhone 7 with FPV goggles. I use the C1 switch function to switch between FPV and the front iPhone camera's view which I find very useful. The pano mode is worth the purchase price alone.

I am looking for some advice. I tried to sign up for the beta of Litchi for the Mavic Mini. They are no longer taking beta testers but stated that if I purchased the software they would add me to the beta. My question is, should I purchase or should I wait? Thoughts?
TYIA!
Wait! There’s a reason... or more... for beta testing... let the developer make sure it works right.

I bought the Litchi Beta for the mini and it seams very stable but I thought I was getting orbit and waypoints which aren't there yet. Until they are there is not much of a benefit over DJI fly. I'm using Dronelink to fly waypoint missions, including orbits, spirals and way much more. Very impressed but if you go that route it is a fairly steep learning curve.

Last edited:
I bought the Litchi Beta for the mini and it seams very stable but I thought I was getting orbit and waypoints which aren't there yet. Until they are there is not much of a benefit over DJI fly. I'm using Dronelink to fly waypoint missions, including orbits, spirals and way much more. Very impressed but if you go that route it is a fairly steep learning curve.
I thought I was getting orbit and waypoints which aren't there yet. Until they are there is not much of a benefit over DJI fly.
As mentioned several of the current Litchi benefits are,
- FPV Mode with your phone and cheap googles,
- C1 switch assignment with many options,
- Auto (and manual) panoramic with stitching, tiny planet and sphere.,
- plus a Focus Mode.
DJI Fly app doesn't offer any of these.

As mentioned several of the current Litchi benefits are,
- FPV Mode with your phone and cheap googles,
- C1 switch assignment with many options,
- Auto (and manual) panoramic with stitching, tiny planet and sphere.,
- plus a Focus Mode.
DJI Fly app doesn't offer any of these.
Fair comment, I guess they are features that haven't particularly appealed to me but I can see some people will value them. I don't even know what the C1 switch thing is.

Fair comment, I guess they are features that haven't particularly appealed to me but I can see some people will value them. I don't even know what the C1 switch thing is.

You can reconfigure the RTH button.
On a long press it still kicks in RTH but a short press will do whatever you set it to- very handy.
Two examples I've seen is to reset gimbal and to see out of the phones rear camera when using for FPV

Reactions: Pushkur
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh