DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App On Smart Controller......Finally!!!!

Is there a reason to use one playstore versus another to get the app? In other words use Amazon or use Google?

So I downloaded it and installed it. Seems to very similar to running on an iPad. However I'm having one issue. I'm in Waypoint and I'm not able to rotate it. Gone is the slider for degrees, now you have to punch in a number, I do and the little triangle shape does not move. Any clue?

Reactions: Former Member
So I downloaded it and installed it. Seems to very similar to running on an iPad. However I'm having one issue. I'm in Waypoint and I'm not able to rotate it. Gone is the slider for degrees, now you have to punch in a number, I do and the little triangle shape does not move. Any clue?

Im gonna play around with Litchi on the SC a little tonight.

Im also going to test what happens if Litchi freezes on the SC. If an app freezes on the SC, you have to wait for the SC to reboot, and you have no idea where the drone is in the meantime. If Litchi freezes up, then not only will the SC need to be restarted, but Litchi will need to be reopened, and then mission loaded again. tick tick tick

Is there a reason to use one playstore versus another to get the app? In other words use Amazon or use Google?

Hi

There is different between Litchi in Amazon and Google stores
Google version of Litchi requires to have Google Play store and google services
Amazon version do not needed Google
Store and other google stuff
So because SC do not support Google services
You need use Amazon version of Litchi

Great news!

Does this mean we have to buy it again? I already paid for it on Google play

Looks like I haven't been paying close enough attention. I didn't know the new version of Waypoints in the DJI can be programed like Litchi.

Does this mean we have to buy it again? I already paid for it on Google play
You could try seeing if the version you purchased will work if you install the Playstore using the instructions linked below. I don't have Litchi but I've gotten the "patch" to work and, at least, I've gotten some apps to work so far.

You could try seeing if the version you purchased will work if you install the Playstore using the instructions linked below. I don't have Litchi but I've gotten the "patch" to work and, at least, I've gotten some apps to work so far.

Hi

Sorry but I am not recommending to do this
You better spend $22 for app then another
$1500 for new drone in your Litchi will crash
In the middle of the flight

Honest question-I thought if the program crashed the drone would just continue The mission until it completed and then would return to home?

Hi

Well, I guess since a person might already own Android Litchi and the Playstore install is FREE, one could try it on a simple mission. Or just take off, up a few feet over a soft or net surface and see how Litchi seems to perform. Check out Litchi's functions first without flying and see if the app crashes or seems stable. I gather the mission is uploaded to the drone so once that's done and started, the drone should just carry out the mission. NORMALLY, can the pilot regain control of the drone and stop the mission and/or load DJI Go and take over? Again, I presume, maybe wrongly, that there are some safe ways to test how things are going. Or, as you suggest, at about $25, just purchase the other version.

Hi

The app crashing shouldn't bring the drone down. The Android go4 app used to crash frequently with no downed drones. That being said litchi will either work or it won't. I'd rather sideload the APK if I can pull it from my phone. However I suspect it won't work Which is lame considering Both are Android apps. ?

The app crashing shouldn't bring the drone down. The Android go4 app used to crash frequently with no downed drones. That being said litchi will either work or it won't. I'd rather sideload the APK if I can pull it from my phone. However I suspect it won't work Which is lame considering Both are Android apps. ?

Does your DJI Go 4 app crash on Android? I never seem to have that problem, maybe I shouldnt tempt fate by saying that. Ive been using Android since my S5 Active (feels like 10 years ago) and Android has been solid.

Hi
Like I say you can try but I am not the person who want high level adrenaline in my blood
I prefer pay $24 than just put my drone under risk
There already many cases with Litchi app when drones fly away
I just try to make this risk as low as possible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone