DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Beta / Mini 2 Mission Video

spudster

Reactions
Site
kuula.co
Been playing with the Litchi Beta and my Mini 2. Have done a couple short test missions to get the feel of it so decided to give a longer simulated mission a try with different techniques. This is a 15 minute waypoint mission created completely in the Mission Hub. The uncut video is being run at 2X speed to keep the runtime tolerable. Includes an orbit, cable cam and flyover. The "empty lot" in the flyover and orbit did have a house on it but it was demolished 2 days ago so all I had was an empty lot left. No, it's not perfect but I am able to fine tune things with each new mission that I have done. Note that running the video at 2X speed exaggerates the jerkiness in the movements, it does look much better at 1X speed.

Average drone speed was 9 mph, 14:57 minute mission, 1.9 miles total length.

Reactions: houldsworth1
Note that running the video at 2X speed exaggerates the jerkiness in the movements, it does look much better at 1X speed.
Was just going to ask about this. Air2S owner and interested in trying out Litchi specifically to see if I can get certain flights to be smooth without having to manually concentrate so much. My kids usually come with me too and often hit off my arm by accident ruining a shot 😂

Does Litchi have settings to control the speed of the turn? iOS user here so haven't had the chance to try it yet.

litchi missions is a blast and you should try a fly the aircraft as smooth as it flys in missions i,ve been using it for 7 years now great product!!!

Reactions: obistevekenobi
Was just going to ask about this. Air2S owner and interested in trying out Litchi specifically to see if I can get certain flights to be smooth without having to manually concentrate so much. My kids usually come with me too and often hit off my arm by accident ruining a shot 😂

Does Litchi have settings to control the speed of the turn? iOS user here so haven't had the chance to try it yet.
If you're an IOS user I'd suggest using Maven instead of Litchi or Dronelink. It's much smoother.

Holy cow Tufargon - every time someone mentions either Litchi or Dronelink, you come in with a post stating that Maven is the best. At this point, I'm starting to think you have shares in the company.

I have seen side-by-side videos from several sources where the difference in smoothness is not noticeable or, in one case, was noticeable and when I asked which was which the Maven one was the jerky one.

Here's an example: Virtual Stick Comparison

How about you post side by side videos - same drone, same plan (or as near as you can get), same hardware?

Not different days, and totally different flights - which is what I have seen before - they need to be the same.

Also, post the actual plans because anyone can make something look jerky if they don't know how to use the software.

Holy cow Tufargon - every time someone mentions either Litchi or Dronelink, you come in with a post stating that Maven is the best. At this point, I'm starting to think you have shares in the company.

I have seen side-by-side videos from several sources where the difference in smoothness is not noticeable or, in one case, was noticeable and when I asked which was which the Maven one was the jerky one.

Here's an example: Virtual Stick Comparison

How about you post side by side videos - same drone, same plan (or as near as you can get), same hardware?

Not different days, and totally different flights - which is what I have seen before - they need to be the same.

Also, post the actual plans because anyone can make something look jerky if they don't know how to use the software.
I did it twice in the last day, sorry.
I've seen quite a few videos myself and it's not perfect by any means but it's far better. I use Litchi and the footage is useless. I don't have IOS so I can't do comparisons but like I said I've seen lots of comparisons.

I did it twice in the last day, sorry.
I've seen quite a few videos myself and it's not perfect by any means but it's far better. I use Litchi and the footage is useless. I don't have IOS so I can't do comparisons but like I said I've seen lots of comparisons.
You did what in the last day? Post side by side of the same mission on the same day with the same drone? Sorry - I don't come on here very often so a link to that thread would help.

I have seen quite a few videos too but they are always different - different locations, different days, different speeds - it's all totally useless if you are trying to do a comparison.

That link I shared is the same day, the same drone - tell me which one you think is which. I know the answer so I'll wait to hear what you (and others) think.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
You did what in the last day? Post side by side of the same mission on the same day with the same drone? Sorry - I don't come on here very often so a link to that thread would help.

I have seen quite a few videos too but they are always different - different locations, different days, different speeds - it's all totally useless if you are trying to do a comparison.

That link I shared is the same day, the same drone - tell me which one you think is which. I know the answer so I'll wait to hear what you (and others) think.
Holy cow, I posted twice (possibly 3) in a day about Maven being better. I'm sorry if it offended you. You have the option of putting me on ignore if you don't want to see my posts. It's just my opinion of what I've observed over the past few months from watching dozens of videos , my own results with Litchi AND Dronelink and another user posting his results on the forum.
App B appears to be Maven.

App B is smoother and keeps the subject more centered. But how does one know for sure which is which? I might be convinced if I could see the control screen and video simultaneously. As a beginner pilot it would be nice to get a control app that works instead of fumbling around spending money. I would guess there’s a number of these apps that work, and one of them will work best for the flying I do.

Holy cow, I posted twice (possibly 3) in a day about Maven being better. I'm sorry if it offended you. You have the option of putting me on ignore if you don't want to see my posts. It's just my opinion of what I've observed over the past few months from watching dozens of videos , my own results with Litchi AND Dronelink and another user posting his results on the forum.
App B appears to be Maven.

It's possible I'm conflating your comments with another person on FB who became super offended when I suggested it might be user error causing their lack of smoothness.

In this case, App B was Dronelink (I'll see if we can round up a screen recording per bmcelya's comment) - which I think makes my point. When used correctly, DL is totally capable of producing great results.

bmcelya I agree with you it's difficult to know.

So people come to forums like this to get an idea and can be easily led down a path, which is why I felt I needed to weigh in when I see what I believe is misleading, or at least misguided, information being posted.

In terms of money - I think most of them offer money back if you are not happy. I know DL has that in their FAQ https://support.dronelink.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500000580482-How-do-I-cancel-my-account-

Litchi is a pain because you literally have to buy it for each platform. I have an iPad (one payment), an android phone (another payment) and a crystal sky monitor that uses the Amazon app store (another payment). Most people don't need to do that of course...just me :)

FWIW - I've used just about every piece of automation software out there, including many that most people here would not be aware of. I have also been paid to create training videos for many of them.

Of all the ones that I have tried, Dronelink is the most comprehensive in terms of functionality and is really aimed at commercial applications IMHO. This can also make it the most difficult to learn because there is so much that you can do with it.

It's a bit like comparing Microsoft's video editor with something like Davinci resolve or Premiere Pro. One is easy to learn but you quickly run into limitations - the others take time to learn, but once you have you would never go back.
Horses for courses.

BTW - not sure if you saw but App B was Dronelink. It's not my video but is from a trusted source.

bmcelya I agree with you it's difficult to know.

So people come to forums like this to get an idea and can be easily led down a path, which is why I felt I needed to weigh in when I see what I believe is misleading, or at least misguided, information being posted.
I am not trying to mislead or misguid anyone. I was going on information, videos, my own testing and others testings while conversing on it in the forum. My information and opinion was based on all that. Not a guess. My and these other people have all come to the same conclusion. If your opinion is different that's fine but don't say because others differ that they are misleading or misguiding people especially if they've also done a lot of footwork to come to their opinion/conclusion.

Last edited:
I am not trying to mislead or misguid anyone. I was going on information, videos, my own testing and others testings while conversing on it in the forum. My information and opinion was based on all that. Not a guess. My and these other people have all come to the same conclusion. If your opinion is different that's fine but don't say because others differ that they are misleading or misguiding people especially if they've also done a lot of footwork to come to their opinion/conclusion.
People's opinions will differ but, if they are not comparing like with like (and I still have yet to see that in anything but the video I posted) then it's nothing but conjecture.

Here are the facts. I posted a video on the same day, using the same hardware and you stated that DL was the smoother flight.

So, back to what I said on a different forum. Maybe it's user error that is causing the issues, not the software?

The "other" person was super offended by that and ranted about having 100 flight hours (like 100 hours is a lot :rolleyes: ) and therefore it couldn't possibly be user error. But, other people on the DL forum have been more open, listened to suggestions, and solved their issues.

DL isn't for everyone. It is professional-level software and, with that, comes a level of complexity that some people might not be able to handle.

I've found it exceptionally capable, use it commercially every week and it has replaced several other apps that I used to use with a single piece of software.

My clients love the results. YMMV

Also your video is of an orbit. Do a waypoint mission plan and see how smooth the turns are. That's all the tests i've seen and done (with the apps I could use).
I'm not about to pull up all the videos and forum threads where we talked and experimented just to prove this to you. That would be way way way too time consuming.
You said I sound like I am invested in Maven. lol. Listen to you about DL. You sound like Jim of DL. I don't own any IOS devices or Maven.
We better let this thread get back to the OP.

Been playing with the Litchi Beta and my Mini 2. Have done a couple short test missions to get the feel of it so decided to give a longer simulated mission a try with different techniques. This is a 15 minute waypoint mission created completely in the Mission Hub. The uncut video is being run at 2X speed to keep the runtime tolerable. Includes an orbit, cable cam and flyover. The "empty lot" in the flyover and orbit did have a house on it but it was demolished 2 days ago so all I had was an empty lot left. No, it's not perfect but I am able to fine tune things with each new mission that I have done. Note that running the video at 2X speed exaggerates the jerkiness in the movements, it does look much better at 1X speed.

Average drone speed was 9 mph, 14:57 minute mission, 1.9 miles total length.

Nice job.

Can you share the mission file - I'd love to take a look. Just click on the link icon in the mission hub to generate a sharable URL, and make sure that private isn't checked.

1642865389403.png

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15