DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi compatability on 06 firmware update?

Flew my Mavic using Litchi after applying all the updates (DJI and Litchi) for about 90 mins today. Great fun without a care in the world until what I thought was a bird attacked the Mavic causing a sudden/short drop in altitude and loss of reception. Could not have been more than 20 seconds...a little freaked out I gained control and, as I was only 1,000 feet away, quickly landed and checked for signs of something to explain what happened. Nothing...not a scratch, feather...zip. About 20 mins later I'm hovering the Mavic 15 feet away from me and I watch the Mavic's gimble begin to freaks out ( moving up then down, left/right) and then the Mavic starts twitching turning right quickly then suddenly drops six inches downward to the ground...I wasn't touching the control sticks.I brought her down and switched back to the DJI app without further incidents. Has anyone experienced this since the updates? What could have caused the problem?
If your on .600 there is a gimbal issue even when using GO. There is a thread on it. Not sure if that helps

Thanks...do you recall which one? I tried searching under various naming terms.

Flew my Mavic using Litchi after applying all the updates (DJI and Litchi) for about 90 mins today. Great fun without a care in the world until what I thought was a bird attacked the Mavic causing a sudden/short drop in altitude and loss of reception. Could not have been more than 20 seconds...a little freaked out I gained control and, as I was only 1,000 feet away, quickly landed and checked for signs of something to explain what happened. Nothing...not a scratch, feather...zip. About 20 mins later I'm hovering the Mavic 15 feet away from me and I watch the Mavic's gimble begin to freaks out ( moving up then down, left/right) and then the Mavic starts twitching turning right quickly then suddenly drops six inches downward to the ground...I wasn't touching the control sticks.I brought her down and switched back to the DJI app without further incidents. Has anyone experienced this since the updates? What could have caused the problem?

I have flown a lot since the update and no such issues. It sounds like something is wrong with the Mavic (perhaps caused by the bird attack or perhaps just something that failed).

I made the leap to new firmware and flew it using a total of 3 batteries. I did not use Litchi for this. While checking the footage found my gumball was not level. Prior to flying I had done a calibration of gimbil and IMU and compass. Something isn't right. So I reverted back to.0400 for now. I have a family vacation coming up and I think I'm better off staying on.0400 for now.

I made the leap to new firmware and flew it using a total of 3 batteries. I did not use Litchi for this. While checking the footage found my gumball was not level. Prior to flying I had done a calibration of gimbil and IMU and compass. Something isn't right. So I reverted back to.0400 for now. I have a family vacation coming up and I think I'm better off staying on.0400 for now.

Did reverting fix the gimbal issue? I haven't noticed any gimbal issues like this (using both DJI GO4 and Litchi).

Thats my concern..heading on vacation next month. Last thing I want is issues while trying to get footage. Is .400 the most stable? What about .500 or .550?

Thats my concern..heading on vacation next month. Last thing I want is issues while trying to get footage. Is .400 the most stable? What about .500 or .550?

I would stay with the latest (.600 right now) unless you are aware of an issue.

Anytime there is firmware release, people will report issues. It's human nature to attribute any problem seen to the most recent change. I am a software developer (for over 35 years) and see this with my releases all the time. A problem will be noticed and many times it has nothing to do with the recent software change. Personally, I have seen that the .600 release fixed some issues that affected Litchi and Autopilot and based on my flying, I'd say the most recent release is the best and most stable. Every time a release comes out there will be bug fixes included. Sometimes, a new bug will be introduced (as happened with the .500 release which affected third party programs such as Litchi) but generally things keep getting better.

Any pilots out there have some feedback on Fpv mode in Litchi with the .600 update? Everything good?- I know Litchi is saying all modes are functioning but if anyone is experiencing anything out of norm for Fpv please post some details!
You havent experienced flying a drone without the use of Fpv! Cheers!
Ive updated and find in VR mode its worse than before, getting poor signal, lost feed, not recording video, this is in 2 phones in open places where Id flown before, don't use other litchi functions.
id like to downgrade if you know where I can do this please

Ive now updated both i.e. Goapp4 to latest and Litchi to latest firmwares.
Its not as good as it was in VR, blocking in the screen, static and recording video is delayed.
Ive made a video of it and will upload.
Ive been in contact with Litchi support by email, which they respond to maybe daily, who told me to do this.
I have requested best previous version of Litchi before the latest go app 4 but still await it.
My true findings

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs