DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi for Mavic 3

Reactions: bradm75
It will be released end of this month! YES!

• Love
Reactions: PointG
It will be released end of this month! YES!

That's unfortunately no longer accurate.

The MSDK is gradually prioritising to the enterprise level aircraft, the priority level of product from high to low is enterprise level aircraft > consumer level aircraft > hanheld product.

• There is no plan to support Mini 3 Pro in 2022.
  • There is no plan to support Mavic 3 consumer level series in 2022.

In addition to waiting for the SDK for the Mavic 3, the people at Litchi have said that since the latest SDK (V5) is not compatible with the previous SDK (V4), it will require a completely new Litchi app.

In the past, Litchi was able to support a new SDK/drone within days of the SDK being released. However, this SDK change will cause a much longer delay caused by the required software rewrite.

In the past, Litchi was able to support a new SDK/drone within days of the SDK being released.
That’s not accurate. It took a very long time after the SDK was released (and fully supported by other third-party software) until the original Mini was supported by Litchi - close to a year if I recall correctly.

Reactions: AZDave
Pretty inexcusable for it's flagship drone to have no SDK available coming up to a year after it's release.
Certainly deterred me from upgrading.
My M2 has an SDK, works with 3rd party apps and supports waypoints.
At this point, a Mavic 3 would be a capability downgrade. (As is the Fly app)

Reactions: bradm75 and PointG
We might consider posting this issue to the different influencers on YouTube. If they start geting this abomination out to the general public it should slow sales of the M3 and give DJA a reason to fix their callousness to their current customers.

That’s not accurate. It took a very long time after the SDK was released (and fully supported by other third-party software) until the original Mini was supported by Litchi - close to a year if I recall correctly.
Recent history shows that it as been days not years:

DroneIOS SDK Release DateIOS Litchi SupportDaysAndroid SDK Release DateAndroid Litchi SupportDays
Air 2
7/15/2021​
10/7/2021​
84​
?
10/7/2021​
Air 2S
3/10/2022​
3/17/2022​
7​
12/29/2021​
1/20/2022​
22​
Mini 2/SE
3/10/2022​
3/13/2022​
3​
12/29/2021​
1/20/2022​
22​

Sources:

I am not sure, but I guess it took much longer to add the Mini and the Air 2 because they were the first models requiring virtual sticks for waypoint missions.

Reactions: DJ Wes
I am not sure, but I guess it took much longer to add the Mini and the Air 2 because they were the first models requiring virtual sticks for waypoint missions.
That is most likely correct. Incorporating "DJI Fly drones" (using VSC) into Litchi required additional coding. With new drones coming later, it was just a matter of updating to the latest SDK and calling the same functions that they had been calling with the previous drones.

Virtual Sticks for the Mavic Air 2 is a horrible way of adding the waypoints! Why would DJI do that???

My Phantom 3 Pro works flawlessly using GPS waypoints when the TX signal is lost. Why can't the MA2 do this too DJI???
My P3P works flawlessly with Lichi also (and other WP apps)... so does my Mavic Pro Platinum. That's because they use the Go4 app, and DJI released the SDK for those models so third-party app developers could create apps to control them.

In their infinite wisdom, DJI has apparently changed their 'marketing' strategy. It seems they'll no longer be supporting waypoints and/or releasing SDKs for the newer consumer models - AKA any consumer drone that uses the Fly app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman