DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 RID Update- Losing Litchi Support?

PHZ

Reactions
Will the new RID update for the Mavic 2 Pro cost you Litchi support?
The reason I ask is that the release notes for the software caution that you will lose support for DJI Gs Pro, their mapping application if you update to the new firmware.
Has anyone updated and tried to run a Litchi mission?
I would love to know the answer before I update to firmware that can’t be rolled back.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mavic3usa
I use Litchi exclusively and only ever bother with DJI Go for calibrations and such. With my second Mavic 2 Pro purchase inbound as I type these words, I would be very unhappy to discover that DJI is trying to block drone owners from using Litchi going forward.

The update does not affect Litchi

The update does not affect Litchi
Yeeeeehaaaww ! You head it here first folks. The Oracle has spoken. Long live Litchi! God bless America.

GFields what can I say? You are da MAN! Thanks for lifting a huge weight of worry off my mind. I was contemplating the unthinkable eventuality of having to sell my two M2P's because they fell off the Litchi train. Now I fear no more, and the omens are favorable.

The reason I ask is that the release notes for the software caution that you will lose support for DJI Gs Pro, their mapping application if you update to the new firmware.
I would live to know the answer before I update to firmware that can’t be rolled back.
I flew my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday 24th Nov with the smart controller and flew a Litchi mission with no issues, my firmware is up to date.

I would live to know the answer before I update to firmware that can’t be rolled back.
I would think since you don't use GO4 while using Litchi, that it would run fine. I don't know the RID would work while not using go4, but I have Litchi in my smart controller and will give it a try later today.

Why update?

Ok, I just tried it and Litchi does open and I have camera view and all. However when I try to start the motors I get tiny box on the right side of the screen that says "error code 180 contact DJI support", so I don't really know what to think. It seems like it's all to go and says the homepoint has been updated and everything, but the motors won't start. I had not used Litchi in a long time (had to login again) but it worked fine the last time I used it. Maybe cause I flew with go4 just before starting Litchi, so I can't say it's related to the update. On another note, while flying with go4 I opened the Drone Scanner app on my phone and it showed 0 drones in the area, so I don't know if the RID is even working. The aeroscope settings show it's enabled but I don't know it's working. There's 2 boxes to enter text into, but I have no idea what to enter in them. I would think it would be sending location data whether those are used or not. It's only 18° F here today, so I'll do further testing when I can stay out longer.

Ok, I just tried it and Litchi does open and I have camera view and all. However when I try to start the motors I get tiny box on the right side of the screen that says "error code 180 contact DJI support", so I don't really know what to think. It seems like it's all to go and says the homepoint has been updated and everything, but the motors won't start. I had not used Litchi in a long time (had to login again) but it worked fine the last time I used it. Maybe cause I flew with go4 just before starting Litchi, so I can't say it's related to the update. On another note, while flying with go4 I opened the Drone Scanner app on my phone and it showed 0 drones in the area, so I don't know if the RID is even working. The aeroscope settings show it's enabled but I don't know it's working. There's 2 boxes to enter text into, but I have no idea what to enter in them. I would think it would be sending location data whether those are used or not. It's only 18° F here today, so I'll do further testing when I can stay out longer.
Thanks for the update. I am still nervous about waypoint missions which use the SDK feature, just as GS Pro does. In the release notes, they say GS Pro won't work after the update. Removing this capability would fit right in with DJI's reigning in all control on their drones. If necessary, I will purchase a RID module and go that route with my M2P.
Why update?
To get Remote ID support... mandatory after March 16, 2024.

mandatory after March 16, 2024.
Actually, it is mandatory now. The FAA has only delayed the enforcement or their discretion of the enforcement. I would argue that knowing which drones are already RID-capable and the pilot has (for whatever reason) chosen not to update, they could stand to be fined now.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Now that is has been out for a while, how is the update working with Litchi for everyone using both, have you encountered any worrisome issues yet?

I would love to know the answer before I update to firmware that can’t be rolled back.
The update has had no negative effect on my M2P while using Litchi.

Reactions: AMann
I would think these two functions are completely unrelated and I would always expect a SDK client such as Litchi to just work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas