DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Just Added Support for Mavic Pro

15110439_10207939225303869_1254999175491947444_o.jpg

This was posted on one of the mavic groups on facebook, not my pic just saw it passing today...

Reactions: roedaal
I saw that too. I'm not sure I'd treat that as gospel either. DJI should really make this clear in the T&Cs.

I agree. I've always used it, and there's been countless threads about this on the Phantom forums. The common wisdom has always been that it doesn't affect the warranty in any way, but luckily I've not had an opportunity to test the theory!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I agree. I've always used it, and there's been countless threads about this on the Phantom forums. The common wisdom has always been that it doesn't affect the warranty in any way, but luckily I've not had an opportunity to test the theory!

Frome the DJI forum, DJI-Ken:

This is correct, your warranty may very well be covered when using Litchi.
Where it will not be covered is if something happens and the aircraft is lost.
For lost aircraft, DJI relies on the GO app for flight data analysis and if you are using Litchi, DJI will not look at HealthyDrones or any other 3rd party site as the data is not correct.
So if there was a malfunction of the aircraft and it is lost and you are using Litchi then there is no warranty as DJI cannot perform a flight analysis. or if your aircraft crashed from 1,000ft and was totally destroyed then they cannot analyze the flight data recorder so if you used a 3rd party app for that flight then there is no warranty.
If there was a malfunction while using Litchi and the aircraft was intact and sent in and the flight analysis team verified a malfunction and had nothing to do with using a 3rd party appi then it would be covered under warranty.
It would be determined by case by case scenario. But I suggest using the GO app just to be safe.

Like i said, not mine but frome a official dji member.

Reactions: Wacker2611
I just talked with Litchi and got some really good news!

About adding portrait mode view to the Litchi app

"Ok, adding this to our todo list however it is a large undertaking and it may be some time before you see it."

My old eyes thank them profusely! When this feature comes out we will be able to use our big tablets in the Mavic RC, not just the mini's! I'm so glad I'll be able to use my iPad Air 2
The latest version of the DJI GO app for iOS, V3.1.0, released yesterday claims it now offers portrait display mode, but since I don't yet have my Mavic, I can't confirm this.

1. You can record whats on your device screen (video & flight data) with sound
2. Set to start recording video whenever you take off from homepoint so you don't forget to start video.
3. Fly FPV with cheap VR goggles

Along with programming waypoint missions, these are my favorite features.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Which goggles, and do you need any other apps to make it work?

Frome the DJI forum, DJI-Ken:
For lost aircraft, DJI relies on the GO app for flight data analysis and if you are using Litchi, DJI will not look at HealthyDrones or any other 3rd party site as the data is not correct.
So if there was a malfunction of the aircraft and it is lost and you are using Litchi then there is no warranty as DJI cannot perform a flight analysis. or if your aircraft crashed from 1,000ft and was totally destroyed then they cannot analyze the flight data recorder so if you used a 3rd party app for that flight then there is no warranty.
I am wondering a bit now, as the other DJI-Ken (blade strike) at RCGroups has stated that with the Mavic also the tx would keep a log file. So they should no longer only depend on the DJI GO log file in case of aircraft loss.

Regards, Gerd

I am wondering a bit now, as the other DJI-Ken (blade strike) at RCGroups has stated that with the Mavic also the tx would keep a log file. So they should no longer only depend on the DJI GO log file in case of aircraft loss.

Regards, Gerd

Also, Good Luck on making any sort of successful warranty claim without the bird, regardless of what app you're using....

Has anyone used litchi and the Mavic with vr goggles yet? If so, any problems? Did you use iOS or android?

The thing I appreciate most about Litchi is that it uses 4 to 8% of my phone's battery in my day's flying, instead of 10 to 15% of phone's battery in the same time.

I rarely use waypoints, but think the feature and the ability to plan and save missions online is awesome for when I need it.
I also think I'm going to get a lot more use out of the Google Cardboard support in Litchi than I would out of waiting for DJI's goggles to come out some distant day.

I had a play with cheap goggles on Litchi at the weekend - what fun. I got the Bobo ones which have a tinted screen behind the phone so you can switch between phone camera and FPV as you need to.

And the ability to use the Litchi mission hub on my computer to create waypoint missions before I even get on location.

Mission Hub - Litchi

For example: Earlier this year I went to Hawaii (Oahu) North Shore. I created several missions before I even left home, and after I arrived in Hawaii, I downloaded them to my Litchi app and executed them autonomously.

I just installed the app. Can't figure out how to upload my saved mission from litchi's website? I've saved it on their website and saved it. Can anyone point me to this answer?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

In the app,, go to drop down menu on left (FPV, etc). Log IN....the use upload button on top left of main screen. This should show all you missions.

Has anyone used litchi and the Mavic with vr goggles yet? If so, any problems? Did you use iOS or android?

I've flown this configuration a few times, today included. I'm using an iPhone 7 with Homido v2 goggles, flying the Litchi app. I've not flown FPV before, so this was certainly an awsome experience! Very immersive and gives a really neat view...much more so than just looking at a screen. Litchi has minimal flight info displayed on the screen, but enough to get the job done nicely. Clean and simple...lots of fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum