DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or GO 4

I was wondering what advantages and features they have over each othero_O
You should try FPV Camera!
It is better than all of the others combined.
It's st: FPV booster.com
Or check it out on the App Store under FPV camera!

How so?
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

While the drone itself has failsafes, it has to be in good position to use them. So if you program you drone to go beyond your RC and video feed range, and it finishes the mission or has an issue - you have no clue what its doing or if it's coming back. In theory it should be coming back, but it might have issue with obstacles, or even wind that would prevent it from returning home safe.

Personally I always create a mission that return home after it's done. That way if something does happen, it know to come home. Most people just set missions to go to a point and stop. I also usually create two missions when flying in a new area - one is a exploration one to see how far I can go before running in video loss and radio loss. That way I can redefine my boundaries for the second more artistic mission so I know the drone will be safe.

]...Re: Litchi and suicide missions - you might be able to program one, but MP signal/battery level RTH would kick in, right??
Yes, Battery Low RTH will trigger and bring it home. You could still eff that up if your RTH path is compromised by an obstacle or strong headwinds. But if done properly It will come home just fine.

I happy with GO4. I do like the replay feature. Litchi is certainly for power users. I think I'll buy and use it after getting comfortable with the Mavic and all its features. I don't think DJI will cover damage while using third party apps.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

@Logger makes some good points, I should have specified I'm using iOS. Also the C1 and C2 customization is very good as well since it does both a short and long press, so essentially giving four options.

Ok lets do some pros and cons

Litch:
Pros: Superior mission planning and waypoint execution, panoramic, VR, screen recording, customizable C1 and C2 buttons, and also auto syncs with healthy drones.
Cons: Lack of good active track features, C1 and C2 options are missing one and possibly more options that are in DJI GO app (like center metering), Can be misused by user and program the drone to go beyond it safety limits.

DJI Go 4 App:
Pros: Active track and submenus, gesture mode, latest options for drones (like inspire 2), and overall more stable
Cons: Lack of advanced automation features like panoramic and highly advanced waypoints. Also no direct sync option for Healthy Drones (although you can get another app to do it)

A good note on healthy drones is that it keeps great records of you flights if you sync to it. I use it to analyze my flight and also export the data in case I want to overlay the information on my videos.

Perhaps you're right on iOS part, but Android needs tuning by Litchi.
Panorama shots are a mess, blurry (garbage) and some pictures are over exposed.
1. No rc settings like Beginners Mode and/or Tripod Mode.
2. No Screenrecorder
3. No Over Exposed Warning
4. No Terrain Follow Mode
5. No Peak Focus Threshold
6. No Manual Gimbal Speed Setting

DJO Go4 is very unstable on Android. Not to fly with.

I was wondering the same thing.
I did some research on the above link and most of the topics seem outdated as Litchi and GO have improved over the years.
Perhaps it would be worthwhile to start a new discussion for the same already discussed topic in order to get an updated response from the experience people.

Agreed!

I don't find it so, never had a single issue with it. You can't make a statement of fact based on your own bad experience.
You're right.
Of course it's my humble opinion.
But I didn't expect an app from DJI on a € 1200,- multirotor that wouldn't work on my Xiaomi Red Mi Note 3 Pro Android smartphone, would you? :(
Also imho Litchi does a better job. Thumbswayup
It doesn't switch on/off every 2 seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760