DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little help Mavic Pro users

MattyMo

Reactions
Hey fellow Mavic Pro users,

Two questions for you. I have DJI goggles and love to have friends put them on in Head Tracking Mode and let them fly but when they are done and take them off their head, how do I disconnect and regain control with my controller? Very difficult to bring back and land while someone has taken off the headset, to walk over to me, and tell me how cool the experience was.

I often will turn off RTH mode when my drone gets close enough for me to manually land, only using RTH to bring drone back when batteries low or lose of signal. Can I re-RTH the drone after disabling it?

Thanks for any insight

simple answer is to return to home and land before you friend takes off the headset that way nothing can happen to the drone then you can just take off again if there is enough battery left yes if you stop RTH then just press the RTH button again if you want to do a RTH no problem

Reactions: Former Member
simple answer is to return to home and land before you friend takes off the headset that way nothing can happen to the drone then you can just take off again if there is enough battery left yes if you stop RTH then just press the RTH button again if you want to do a RTH no problem
So there is no way to disengage the goggles and regain control with controller? And no way to SET the RTH after its been disengaged?

So there is no way to disengage the goggles and regain control with controller? And no way to SET the RTH after its been disengaged?
even though you are not wearing the goggles you are still controlling the drone with the controller you could press the stop button then put on the goggles and carry on flying,RTH is set and is only cancelled for that particular RTH it was doing cancelling it does not disable the RTH function it still works afterwards

So there is no way to disengage the goggles and take over control with controller. And the only way to RTH after disengaging is to press RTH. Sounds good.

So there is no way to disengage the goggles and take over control with controller. And the only way to RTH after disengaging is to press RTH. Sounds good.

In addition to what has already been said, providing some pre-training to your co-pilot would help. Instructed them not to remove the goggles until head tracking mode is disengaged. Teach them how to do deselect this mode before they use the goggles and verbally confirm the mode is disengaged before they remove them. If they don't follow instructions, or you don't want to take the time to train, hit the pause button, correct it yourself, and proceed.

In addition to what has already been said, providing some pre-training to your co-pilot would help. Instructed them not to remove the goggles until head tracking mode is disengaged. Teach them how to do deselect this mode before they use the goggles and verbally confirm the mode is disengaged before they remove them. If they don't follow instructions, or you don't want to take the time to train, hit the pause button, correct it yourself, and proceed.
I hear ya but while standing around at the 4th of July Party or Memorial Day Party and showing off your drown to friends, its kinda difficult to hold drone class.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman