London

Whufc0

Reactions
Hi guys, Essex/ east London here,
Had my mavic about a week, only done a few flights in back garden and work,

Looking at some decent places to fly,

Reactions: Billythegasman
Hey man,

Just a tip-off on the South-East London side of things. Oxleas Meadows is a large playing field surrounded on three sides by Oxleas Woods. The majority of visitors are dog walkers and they're easy to keep away from. I've launched several times from the middle of the field and flown around over the fields and surrounding woods, and never had any issues from other park users. There are nice views of the city over the trees, and it's a big enough space to practice moves at speed and altitude. Here's a GoogleMap link showing the location, plus a screengrab of the view towards the city from the air (excuse wonky horizon - was pretty windy and still stuck on laggy-assed android for Go4 [got an iPhone SE on order ;-]):

P.S. On another thread someone queried whether I have permission to fly there, as it's apparently Class-D airspace. I didn't have any permission, but also had no trouble, so fly there at your own risk... :) (It IS a fun spot though ;-)

Attachments

• ViewOfLondon.jpg
    ViewOfLondon.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: Billythegasman
I go over rainham marshes and pufleet can zip over Thames to Kent quite easily, also chase in dagenahm is a good spot can fly over Hornchurch, fords Dagenham and the Thames from there.

I'm a newbie and will be visiting from the U.S in late August. I guess there is absolutely no flying anywhere over London?

I'm a newbie and will be visiting from the U.S in late August. I guess there is absolutely no flying anywhere over London?
Correct. Flying a drone anywhere over central London will have you locked in the Tower of London and the key thrown in the Thames. :)

I go over rainham marshes and pufleet can zip over Thames to Kent quite easily, also chase in dagenahm is a good spot can fly over Hornchurch, fords Dagenham and the Thames from there.
Where u take off from over marshes? Went there today, but was really busy, so didn't bother,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998