DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing the will with dji care

Tell me about it. My original one was perfect & it was my own stupid fault I crashed it.
You would think they test them wouldn't you but my 2nd & 3rd came back with the same error that I sent it off for & I told the to test it properly for what good that might do.
The 1st replacement had a vision system error which was very obvious as it was there most if the time. I didn' even have to fly it to see the error. And then the 4th with the compass error. I only had to look at the sensors state to see strong interference on one of the compasses all of the time.

I'm sure I will get there one day. I've put in a complaint this time rather than open a return as I don' want to just send it away again. This has been going on since December so there are at least 4 months of losing out on my mavic. That is nearly half of the dji care cover. I have to laugh for my own sanity haha.
They should reimburse you part of the DJI care... Instead of sending you a new one or something almost new, they sent you pretty much a trashed Mavic. Them not only sent a you one but then the following 4 replacements. That demonstrate very poor quality assurance in their replacement products. It is funny, DJI copy everything related to Apple, from the boxing style to video presentation of their products and yet, customer service and quality assurance are extremely far far away compare to Apple.

They should reimburse you part of the DJI care... Instead of sending you a new one or something almost new, they sent you pretty much a trashed Mavic. Them not only sent a you one but then the following 4 replacements. That demonstrate very poor quality assurance in their replacement products. It is funny, DJI copy everything related to Apple, from the boxing style to video presentation of their products and yet, customer service and quality assurance are extremely far far away compare to Apple.
Very true so I will see how far this complaint gets me. If it wasn't for the poor quality control then the service would be sexing to none. I have no issues with the returns & delivery process. I do not know weather it is down to a bad service center but I have heard other bad stories.

I will report back when I know more

Quick update:-

Here is my response to their complaints department who wanted to hear the full story which also summarises my situation more clearly.

Hi,

Thankyou for your quick response.

I originally sent my drone in for repair around December 2017 after a crash which was my own fault therefore I paid for a replacement through DJI Care.

Since this time I have received 5 replacement drones which have all had faults.

Here are the case numbers for each drone:-

CAS-1249201-L0S7M8

CAS-1310641-W8D7P3

CAS-1516971-B2J0T9

CAS-1588126-F156P6

CAS-1649425-C4W5G6.

The faults I returned each drone for (after original replacement) were as follows:-

1) Vision system error

2) Gimbal shake error & controller stick error

3) Gimbal shake error (again)

4) Compass error

And now my 5th replacement has faults where it apears to be recording bad footage.

Each time I have had a fault I have always seeked the advise of the DJI tecnicians & followed all of the procedures to try to rectify each issue to no avail.

I decided to start a complaint procedure as the service I have received is unaccaptable, it has consumed a lot of my time & there has been a period of around 4 months now that I have not been able to use my drone.

Please advise me on a better solution for my current faulty unit & maybe compesation in respect to the 12 months of DJI care I paid for in which a large chunk has been wasted which was not my fault.

I look forward to your respone

Kind regards

Last edited:
Here is my reply from support & my response to them up to now. Originally my reply was full of sacasm but I realised that will not help so I edited it. This seems they are already borderine hinting towards this somehow being my fault so I am not holding my breath for a decent outcome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear David,

Many thanks for bringing you your side of the story, especially the case numbers. It helps me a lot to quicken up your case.

Now, in the last case I saw that our own repair supervisor and senior Engineer tested the craft, separately from even our own quality assurance phases.

It would seem to me it wouldn’t have been sent back without it working properly.

Would you be so kind to share some of this bad footage? We would very much like to see the current defect.

Kind Regards,

Support.eu5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again Stefan,

please find attatched one of my videos where this glitch happens twice. I have had to scale the video down but it should still be very obvious. I did show a representitve one of my other videos too which can be found here:-

New Project.mp4

I understand the drone may have been tested by experts but how thorough would those tests have been?

I have tried my drone with different settings in different locations & in slightly varying condintions & I still get the same result at random intervals. I have also tried all recalibrations as mentioned, even my spare propellors which are all official DJI parts. My original drone was absolutly perfect until I damaged it myself & I am familiar with exactly how to use it & how it should function.

I did not want my drone to be faulty again for obvious reasons so I tried my best to make it work.

Kind regards

David

Well still no response yet but I'm happy to say I now have a good working mavic. I ended up buying a refurb off a popular auction site that is actually refurbished by dji & it is perfect.
I know many people in my situation who would have jumped ship but I know how good these things are when working correctly & I put my experience down to bad luck as I just keep getting DOA drones but it is strange how I can pic one up myself in perfect working order when it is refurbished by the same company.

I had to buy this as I have missed out on a few good projects & now I have a family wedding coming up amongst other things so I need something that works properly while the saga continuous. I'm doing my best :)
20180427_102932.jpg

Reactions: Slayerstwin
What a horror story. DJI has been getting better but it looks like that service center needs to be straightened out. My experience was the opposite; I got my Mavic back in a week with no problems (service center in California).

One suggestion for your wedding shoot; get some low(er)-noise props. They don't cost much and really do make a difference.

Reactions: Lordy
What a horror story. DJI has been getting better but it looks like that service center needs to be straightened out. My experience was the opposite; I got my Mavic back in a week with no problems (service center in California).

One suggestion for your wedding shoot; get some low(er)-noise props. They don't cost much and really do make a difference.
Thanks, like I say I do understand I must have been unlucky. I do have the platinum props too ;)

A good example of how lack of competition can hurt consumers. If only you could've said "alright I'll take my business elsewhere". But instead, you had to buy another product. From the very same company.

Isn't that just the autofocus doing it's thing?

Shame that there aren't any decent rivals to the Mavic Pro :(

The autel evo looks promising but I don't think they have announced the release date yet.

(Sorry for the double post. I must learn to multiquote)

The autel evo looks promising but I don't think they have announced the release date yet.

(Sorry for the double post. I must learn to multiquote)
I don't trust autel... They are not as good as DJI. The only thing that they have is better customer service but only have one product in their portfolio... Lol

Here is the correspondence up to now. The drone I now have was apparently from brand new stock! Feel free to check out the footage for yourselves, I found that it doesnt look so bad on a mobile device but you can see the problem on a pc much more easily.

Dear David,

I have had contact with my people below, finally, and they have explained to me that everything was tested and you have been given brand new stock. The issue, for all intents and purposes, should no longer be existing since the entire configuration had been replaced.

It is obvious from your movie clip that something is present, but I have my doubts at this moment if the issue is mechanical in nature or a consequence of certain settings. I would like to contact our R&D department for this and to make that line of communication as short as I can manage I have but one request from yourself.

If you could be so kind to make a test flight, showcasing the problem, I can send your old and new video to our R&D department for their advise on this case. It won’t get much higher and closer to the source than this so it is my express hope this will resolve your issue.

My thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------

Hi,

Here is a link to some footage moslty taken from a 10 minute clip just today.

Mavic poor recording.mp4

The video was originally recorded in 2.7k. I am using exactly the same settings on my new drone & have flown in the exact same conditions & in the same manor with no issues. I have also tried the same propellors in the same configuration & I am even using the same micro SD card just to be a scientific as possible with my testing.

As you will be able to see there is definatly something wrong here. The drone looks physically perfect & the gimbal looks to be attatched properly.

I hope you have enough information here but I am happy to try any new suggestions.

Kind regards

David

I know you've confirmed before but that to me looks like my recordings from my phone when I had poor signal.

The sharp gimbal movements when turning is also a fault in my opinion.

I know you've confirmed before but that to me looks like my recordings from my phone when I had poor signal.

The sharp gimbal movements when turning is also a fault in my opinion.

Yes exactly & this is right from the mavic sd card.
To be honest that is the first time the gimbal has jumped that badly but it has done that a few times.
It looks like it may be a motor issue. The gimbal moves nice & freely when the mavic is switched off so who knows.
My luck seems worse when they say this is actually a brand new drone haha

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had such a bad experience like mine. I didntvwant to make a thread bad mouthing the company as everyone makes mistakes but now I have been sent back a faulty drone 3 times in a row.

Basically I had a crash in December which was my own stupid fault. I had to pay for a new drone/replacement which was all well & good but it arrived with a "vision system error."
So I get another replacement in January which then came with a "gimbal shake error."
I didn't send this off until Febuary as I had no time to test after doing all the necessary checks & recalibrations with weather etc.
Anyway my controler also developed a "stick error" so back the drone went to with all details they needed & I stressed the fact that I already had 2 faulty drones sent to me by now.
Fast forward to just receiveing the same drone this time still with the intermittent gimbal shake error.

I am now completey losing my faith as obviously I am looking at returning it yet again.
The customer support is useless as they have no real communication at all with the repair center. After sending the drone back with the vision error the report online stated they had changed the gimbal control board so I contacted online support with my concern that this does not sound right but they basically told me not to worry.
I now realise the reason for this is maybe because they replaced the drone but stated what was repaired on the refurbished unit instead.
So the 3rd time around I was obviously not happy & stressed to them to properly check it over this time as it was becoming a joke. This time nothing on the report was mentioned about any repairs to my drone & again I was assured they will have fixed it.

I am thinking of selling up once it is finally back & I will definatly not be using dji care again. I have missed opprtunities & after sending it off again they will have had my drone for the best part of a month in total.

Sorry for the long winded thread :/

I just posted a complaint on DJI’s forum last night regarding the absurd price they quoted me on repairing my Mavic Pro Platinum. I can buy a new one on Amazon with waurentee for less than their repair costs which includes battery,charger, etc.

This morning my post has disappeared. I received two emails during the night from DJI administrators and the hyperlinks on their replies have been removed.

In other words, unlike this forum, DJI is censoring complains on their’s.

It seems I’ve been awaken to the reality of what it’s like dealing with a communist rooted company. I’ve unwittingly invested $5000 in their products, only to discover they have no customer loyalty.

What they do have is a monopoly and it seems a bit of greed to boot. I had all intentions of spending another $3000 in July on an Inspire 2. Now, not a chance.

I was trying to get to the bottom of why they were charging me $1075 to repair my Mavic. During a phone call I asked for a supervisor. Once i had one on the phone, I ask for their supervisor. Eventually I was told that I would have to wait for someone at that level to call me.

The curtain has been pulled back on DJI, and what I found behind is very sad. I hope another supplier will surface once the DJI honeymoon is over. Their products are hit and miss. DJI care refresh is a joke, and their repair service is not repair at all, it’s jacked up replacement costs.

Sorry too for the rant but I spent my hard earned money on this junk. They should have shown me some loyalty.

I guess this is the difference in dealing with communists vs free.

Reactions: lrsn and macoman
I was hoping you was going to have good news then with posting on the dji forum as I was thinking of doing the same.

It does seem they have a greedy monopoy thing going on as whenever a decent alternative starts to surface they buy out the company. One day though they won't be able to fight it & other drones will wipe the floor with them & it can't cone soon enough go me after this

Reactions: lrsn and Aww@Mavic
I just posted a complaint on DJI’s forum last night regarding the absurd price they quoted me on repairing my Mavic Pro Platinum. I can buy a new one on Amazon with waurentee for less than their repair costs which includes battery,charger, etc.

This morning my post has disappeared. I received two emails during the night from DJI administrators and the hyperlinks on their replies have been removed.

In other words, unlike this forum, DJI is censoring complains on their’s.

It seems I’ve been awaken to the reality of what it’s like dealing with a communist rooted company. I’ve unwittingly invested $5000 in their products, only to discover they have no customer loyalty.

What they do have is a monopoly and it seems a bit of greed to boot. I had all intentions of spending another $3000 in July on an Inspire 2. Now, not a chance.

I was trying to get to the bottom of why they were charging me $1075 to repair my Mavic. During a phone call I asked for a supervisor. Once i had one on the phone, I ask for their supervisor. Eventually I was told that I would have to wait for someone at that level to call me.

The curtain has been pulled back on DJI, and what I found behind is very sad. I hope another supplier will surface once the DJI honeymoon is over. Their products are hit and miss. DJI care refresh is a joke, and their repair service is not repair at all, it’s jacked up replacement costs.

Sorry too for the rant but I spent my hard earned money on this junk. They should have shown me some loyalty.

I guess this is the difference in dealing with communists vs free.

I've read about a similar situation. The guy then made a YouTube video about what DJI did and posted it on their forum. DJI even commented on his video. They sorted him out after that.

I've read about a similar situation. The guy then made a YouTube video about what DJI did and posted it on their forum. DJI even commented on his video. They sorted him out after that.

It looks like this it what I may need to do now. My DJI care has just expired while they have been dragging their feet & now they are no longer responding to my emails!

Edit: see screenshot. I could make this sh1t up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180525-144510.png
    Screenshot_20180525-144510.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Never buy direct from DJI unless you like dealing like this.

A good dealer would replace it on the spot.

I did it one time.

That was enough.

DJI made much more profit since you felt direct too.

Mavics just work! They are so reliable it’s scary.

Those problems are most likely FW issues. Tha craft needs to be rebooted from the factory.

Yours came from the bad bin. It needs a forced delete and reinstall of correct non buggy FW.

I’ve have owned 37 Mavics of many levels of condition. They just work!

Unless they need a hard reboot from DJI not some local authorized dealer or DJI repair center.

Changing boards out just compounds the problem with new hardware that hasn’t been tested or could be buggied up by the same original gimbal or other control board.

I had a inspire 2 camera infect my whole M series crafts.

As soon as the gimbal was removed I was all good and could update correctly.

One system if not found during inspection can screw up the craft again and again.

The fault seemed to be during a glitchy FW install initially. Then just kept on going until the bad part was discovered.

Support YOUR DEALERS! DJI is in China!

And they make the best consumer drones on the planet.

Just team up with your country mates.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05