DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone Recovery & Precautions

DroneForceOne

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Just received my MP today. Didn't flew it yet, but smth came to my mind: Do you guys place any tag, with name, phone, e-mail, or do anything that may help finding a lost drone?

Just guessing if it is stupid to put my name and phone on it... o_O

or maybe if there is any way to help finding in case of a flyaway

Some people mount GPS trackers.

Phone / contact details... some countries legally require it, and I'd think in some others you certainly wouldn't want that on there depending on where it ends up for your own safety. IMO some places in Brazil would be an example of the latter, but no idea about your location...

Reactions: DroneForceOne
Some people mount GPS trackers.

Phone / contact details... some countries legally require it, and I'd think in some others you certainly wouldn't want that on there depending on where it ends up for your own safety. IMO some places in Brazil would be an example of the latter, but no idea about your location...
Thinking about in sticking my name and phone only, noth more. No big issue here. Worst scenario some1 would blackmail you to have it back, but thats a risk. I will be always expectating people like the Mavic Mountain heroes.

Reactions: lcva
Thinking about in sticking my name and phone only, noth more. No big issue here. Worst scenario some1 would blackmail you to have it back, but thats a risk. I will be always expectating people like the Mavic Mountain heroes.

No I think what Kilrah was saying is that in some countries the worst case scenario is that they come to your house to end you.

Rob

Well, in any case you have the position where the quad landed/crashed, and for this reason i think there is no need of phone number:
- if the person that find the quad is honest, would wait owner to appear to recover it
- if the person that find the quad is NOT honest, you can stick all the data you want but he will keep the quad and disappear.

Well, in any case you have the position where the quad landed/crashed, and for this reason i think there is no need of phone number:
- if the person that find the quad is honest, would wait owner to appear to recover it
- if the person that find the quad is NOT honest, you can stick all the data you want but he will keep the quad and disappear.

If you were to lose it and not be able to find it, someone else could possibly stumble upon it and give you a call days/weeks later. Definitely worth putting your number on it somewhere IMO. If it goes down with no contact info, then you're 100% on your own at that point. Some info at least gives you some glimmer of hope. More good people out there than bad, I'll take my chances.

If you were to lose it and not be able to find it, someone else could possibly stumble upon it and give you a call days/weeks later. Definitely worth putting your number on it somewhere IMO. If it goes down with no contact info, then you're 100% on your own at that point. Some info at least gives you some glimmer of hope. More good people out there than bad, I'll take my chances.

No harm putting a phone number on it, but still think that the onboard gps is a quite reliable way to spot it.

I printed a lable with findmydrone.info on it. I think this (or any similar service) is a pretty good compromise. I also don't like the idea of putting my phone number directly on the Mavic, but a website like that should provide a conduit for putting owners and finders in touch.

I also have a Trackimo mounted, which I bought a couple months after I stuck the label on.

I printed a lable with findmydrone.info on it. I think this (or any similar service) is a pretty good compromise. I also don't like the idea of putting my phone number directly on the Mavic, but a website like that should provide a conduit for putting owners and finders in touch.

I also have a Trackimo mounted, which I bought a couple months after I stuck the label on.
How does the Trackimo works? Its a regular GPS Tracker?

+1 I don't know, I'd rather not have a phone # on it as well.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 15, 9 47 43 AM.jpg
    Photo Mar 15, 9 47 43 AM.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
My phone died due to cold, the app shut down, and the drone just took off on it's own. Isnt' it supposed to immediately fly home when there is a problem? We set the gps. It's also 28 degrees outside, so I'm sure the battery in the drone died to. Tried using the find my drone function in the app, and it doesn't show the red arrow indicating the drone, only me at home with the app.

Reactions: lcva
My phone died due to cold, the app shut down, and the drone just took off on it's own. Isnt' it supposed to immediately fly home when there is a problem? We set the gps. It's also 28 degrees outside, so I'm sure the battery in the drone died to. Tried using the find my drone function in the app, and it doesn't show the red arrow indicating the drone, only me at home with the app.

Was the home point set properly?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78