DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic after downloading new update!

Gary7399

Reactions
Lost connection at approximately 150 yards on a flight path I've flown a dozen times with no problems until I downloaded the new update firmware. The Mavic was restarted and rth alt. Set. Home set point recorded. But Mavic prematurely did a auto land into the tops of some trees and fell and broke gimbal and rear motor arm. I ran within 50 yards and it still would not reconnect with Mavic. I have flown across our lake and lost connection in the past but after a moment it auto returned to home. I am beside myself on this one. Has anyone had some of the same issues and what was the outcome. Thanks.

I had a lot of problems with the new update. I couldn't connect to my phone, and I kept loosing connection from the remote to the bird. Mine went into RTH twice and both times it tried to land somewhere other than RTH. Luckily for me it wasn't in a tree and I was able to recover it with no damage. I ended up just reverting back to 400. No issue at all right now.

Lost connection at approximately 150 yards on a flight path I've flown a dozen times with no problems until I downloaded the new update firmware. The Mavic was restarted and rth alt. Set. Home set point recorded. But Mavic prematurely did a auto land into the tops of some trees and fell and broke gimbal and rear motor arm. I ran within 50 yards and it still would not reconnect with Mavic. I have flown across our lake and lost connection in the past but after a moment it auto returned to home. I am beside myself on this one. Has anyone had some of the same issues and what was the outcome. Thanks.

Are you using an Android device? You need to be careful about a false disconnect message with android. If you view the controller and see flight information, you are not really disconnected. In that case the controller is still responsive and the Mavic can be flown, or RTH initiated. Most likely the controller was still connected.

Are you using an Android device? You need to be careful about a false disconnect message with android. If you view the controller and see flight information, you are not really disconnected. In that case the controller is still responsive and the Mavic can be flown, or RTH initiated. Most likely the controller was still connected.
If his situation is like mine it was a disconnect from the RC.

IMG_0574.JPG
Nope. You're the first I've heard this. Please upload the DAT file of your flight.

How to retrieve a .DAT
I will have to download the DJI assistant on my pic and try to upload. But I'll try to get it on here. Mailed the Mavic to DJI this morning. Maybe this will work. Here's a pic of where I flew over the lake and it's a longer distance than where I lost connection to the Mavic. Running iPhone 7 with lastest iOS. Here's the pic lost signal on left side of pic. You can see flight path over lake then back.

Sorry to hear. Now wait how angry you'll be when after 5 weeks of waiting for the repair you'll still be waiting for the drone to be shipped back to you, while it sits there, for days, without any movement. And you spend hours talking to one lying DJI representative after another. It feels like theft, and insults added to injury.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Now wait how angry you'll be when after 5 weeks of waiting for the repair you'll still be waiting for the drone to be shipped back to you, while it sits there, for days, just waiting for a. And one lying DJI representative after another. It feels like theft, and insults added to injury.
Oh I know. I already had it replaced once trough DJI care and it was about two months. But I will truely fight them over this crap to have it repaired under DJI warranty. I'm not using my DJI care for a replacement. The update was crap!! I also have a list of flights from when I received my new one and no crashes and no issues until this crappy updated firmware!! So we will see.

View attachment 12657
I will have to download the DJI assistant on my pic and try to upload. But I'll try to get it on here. Mailed the Mavic to DJI this morning. Maybe this will work. Here's a pic of where I flew over the lake and it's a longer distance than where I lost connection to the Mavic. Running iPhone 7 with lastest iOS. Here's the pic lost signal on left side of pic. You can see flight path over lake then back.
Sorry that doesn't help, it needs to be the DAT off of the Mavic.

Hi guys... wanted to ask.. when updating to .700, did it go from 0 to 100% completion with no hang ups where you need to restart your device and the app just to have to update complete... or anything funny like that?

Hi guys... wanted to ask.. when updating to .700, did it go from 0 to 100% completion with no hang ups where you need to restart your device and the app just to have to update complete... or anything funny like that?
Nope. Breezed through mine in 5 minutes.

Reactions: Cerberus

Yes restart you mavic and controller

meaning you encountered some hanging while updating to .700 in which you had to restart your mavic and controller?

did you encounter any funny issues flying your mavic after this "update" where it hanged once?
No issues in the first 15 minutes of flying. Then all if a sudden lost connection. And never reconnected. Drone auto landing nowhere near home point and no wind with 8-1/2 minutes of flight time remaining with a 30% setting on battery so in reality I had longer than that to get the drone back to home point within 100 yards.

No issues in the first 15 minutes of flying. Then all if a sudden lost connection. And never reconnected. Drone auto landing nowhere near home point and no wind with 8-1/2 minutes of flight time remaining with a 30% setting on battery so in reality I had longer than that to get the drone back to home point within 100 yards.
Update downloaded with no hanging over wifi at my house.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew