DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Help!! I am terrified!

- why worry about dji
T

I'd also be careful showing flight log to dji as you was around 1000+ ft.<br />Hopefully you'll find your drone mate. It's terrible that has happened to you

They are in China and don't worry about country's flight restrictions . he flew within what mavic is designed to to fly . If it's a software issue they will pay out .
The thing I've noticed is that people said drone was flying in opposite direction and that sounds like a fault but ignoring wind warnings and cancelling RTH to carry on flying might be enough to void a replacement

One word, I use this on ALL my aircraft: TBeacon. I build them myself for less than $20, tested range so far in hilly urban environment of 9 miles.

Welcome | tBeacon

I'll look into that. Thanks. Hmm - would you be willing to make one for me and ship it here? You can make millions in profits. (Millions of thanks and a few bucks!!).

I was a lifeguard when I was a kid. I pulled more than 30 kids out of the pool before I stopped counting. One baby was swirling around the hot-tub while mommy had her back turned chatting with friends. I pulled the baby out of the water, drained him, walked around the pool and handed him back to mommy. She looked at the baby, turned back to where she had left baby, screamed at me then ran out of the building.

Never got a single thank-you. Not even once.

People in stressful situations are 100% self absorbed. What you did for them and how you feel would rank about minus 78 on a scale of 1 to 10 in importance.

That was an excellent early life lesson. Do things you like doing. Help people if it makes you feel good. Don't do anything with the expectation of praise or thanks. Generally not going to happen. On those rare occasions when it does, that's an added bonus.

Pulled a panicked and struggling kid (5) out of a rip in Cuba. Lost my glasses for the effort. Father looked on in a semi-drunk haze ... no good deed goes unpunished.

Reactions: rbhamilton
WOW, I know this will sound sarcastic (it's absolutely not), but this is literally one of the most intelligent and accurate comments I have ever seen in any forum....EVER.

Here's why I know -- because I am a lawyer, and in the last 17+ years of practicing law, I have helped a lot of people during the most stressful times of their lives (you think losing a $1k drone is bad, how about losing custody of your kids, or losing your house cars, and everything else you own?)

Trust me -- I have seen lots and lots of people dealing with extremely stressful circumstances. And it's usually not pretty.

To be sure -- I am well-paid for my work, and I know being paid is a form of thanks. But then again, I have always been shocked by how little appreciation I receive from clients after their case is over, especially given that I charge way less than most lawyers, and I always go above and beyond, spending lots of time that the client isn't billed for.

In fact, in the last 17 years, I think the only meaningful "thank you" I ever received was from a client who happened to have the SMALLEST case I ever handled -- a simple dispute over a final paycheck in the amount of $600. I was given the case by a boss at a law firm where I worked and had only a few hours to prepare for the trial. In the end, we not only won the full $600, but the court also made the other side pay my client's attorney's fees. The client cried when I told her what happened.

A few days later, the client sent me an engraved clock (the sort of inexpensive thing you'd get at the mall from "Things Remembered"). She included a hand-written card with a very short expression of gratitude (the client barely spoke English).

It was one of the nicest things any client has ever done for me....and in 17 years, I have only received this sort of appreciation maybe TWICE.

I thank my lawyer profusely. Don't use him much, but the fees and relief are 1000x better than the possible consequences of not using his expertise - especially procedural.

He did tell me the following story:

A lady walked in to change her will. It was a minor thing that he'd take care of over the end-of-the-day whiskey. She asked "how much". He replied, "Well, cash, let's call it $100".
So, she pulled a $100 bill out of her purse, thanked him and left his office.

Later in the day he realized that the $100 was really two fresh notes stuck together.

This raised an ethical problem: Should he tell his partner? :rolleyes:

(Sorry - can't resist lawyer jokes).

Last edited:
enybody know, bvogel found the drone, or not?

He seems to have gone silent. That's frustrating to us watching this and moreso to those who dug in deep in the wee hours to give him helpful information.

To be sure we have no idea what is happening on his end.

He seems to have gone silent. That's frustrating to us watching this and moreso to those who dug in deep in the wee hours to give him helpful information.

To be sure we have no idea what is happening on his end.

i'm just excited he found his mavic, or not.

now i think maybe hi got also lost himself in the jungle :(

Last edited:
More likely he got lost in family, work and Mavic Down depression.

There are two things now the world will never know.

The first is how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

The second is if he ever recovered the Mavic in the suggested search areas, or if he got lost himself searching for it.

There are two things now the world will never know.

The first is how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

The second is if he ever recovered the Mavic in the suggested search areas, or if he got lost himself searching for it.

i think, he got lost himself in the forrest. can somebody triangulate him? :)

Hello All,
I lost my Mavic after 12 minutes of using it, everything was going smoothly, I started getting strong wind signals, I was flying over a farm with little interference, I got a lost signal initial then it cameback and I immediately hit the return button and suddenly it lost signal for good, while the controller kept beeping return home.. I got in my car and ran to the point it had last GPS signal and it wasnt there. I spent approx. 2 hours looking for it. Can anyone please help me with this. I live in Nicaragua & I had just brought that drone about a week ago.I added a link to the flight log.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Hey guys, when are you going to learn.

I have 8 or 9 quads, from $75 up through $1200. I don't fly a drone over $300 in cost without a
Trackimo TRKM002 GPS , I only have one and I stick it on whatever expensive quad I'm flying. I've used a. once in a national forest and I would've never found my drone without. There are other GPS devices out there, for God sakes use one of them.
And yes I feel for bvogel and all the other stories I hear day in and day out, I would feel that same pit in my stomach if I. lost my Mavic
Lynn Sr

I have 8 or 9 quads, from $75 up through $1200. I don't fly a drone over $300 in cost without a
Trackimo TRKM002 GPS , I only have one and I stick it on whatever expensive quad I'm flying. I've used a. once in a national forest and I would've never found my drone without. There are other GPS devices out there, for God sakes use one of them.
And yes I feel for bvogel and all the other stories I hear day in and day out, I would feel that same pit in my stomach if I. lost my Mavic
Lynn Sr
I'm sorry to say, but this post doesn't help at all. We've already established all of that and this make bvogel feel any better.

I'm sorry to say, but this post doesn't help at all. We've already established all of that and this make bvogel feel any better.

I guess I'm talking to all the rest of the people out there in this touchy-feely world.

Either get a Trackimo or don't cry

Reactions: Cyberpower678

Lynn Sr

Wow! Nobody ever suggested that before. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Cyberpower678
bvogel where are you???
photofunny.net__final_401075748862576163_origen.gif

New Member...

I'm reading this post and I can see the guys is in desperate need of help so he turns to his fellow drone peeps, and instead of getting help he gets bashed for not having a GPS tracker. have you guys ever thought that maybe he did not know about the GPS tracker? That's why we're all here to learn help and share with each other, it's obvious he doesn't have the GPS tracker why don't the fellow drone people help him instead of bashing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31