DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Mini

Iannnnn

Reactions
Hey guys,

Today I flew for the first time with my dji mavic mini.

At some point my controller lost connection to the drone .. I couldn't do anything at all. I waited a little longer to see if it came back to the starting point but this was not the case.

I looked at the last GPS point at 'find my drone', but I could not find anything at that place ..

Is there anyone who can help me further?

I have added the flight details to this post.

Sorry to say ... but this was a straight BlowAway nothing more, you both exceeded your own & your Mini's abilities.

The winds at the altitudes you were flying were well above the 8m/s specified in the user manual ... then you were flying out with the wind ascending up to 127m. At 685sec into the flight then approx 750m out from HP at 127m height you decide to turn around but then you were facing a headwind strong enough to outpower your Mini ... not even in Sport mode you could get any heading speed, the Mini were instead blowing away with approx 2,5m/s. You didn't try to descend at all instead just pinned the elevator to max. 86sec after your turn you for the first time descend abit down to 115m & then lose connection for the first time & the AC goes into failsafeRTH. At 794sec you regain connection & cancel the RTH but still blowing backwards, at 813sec you again lose connection followed by failsafeRTH. You then had short moments of connection but are at 968sec on 112m height, 975m away from HP when you lose connection for good & the log ends.

By then, at 112m height you had 16% battery & 8% was defined as the landbattery level ... blowing away with an approx average of 2m/s.

Perhaps @sar104 can give you an estimated location were it could have touched down ...

1583780397230.png

The wind conditions ...

1583780649980.png
1583780665722.png
1583780681203.png

1583780945716.png

Last edited:
Sorry to say ... but this was a straight BlowAway nothing more, you both exceeded your own & your Mini's abilities.

The winds at the altitudes you were flying were well above the 8m/s specified in the user manual ... then you were flying out with the wind ascending up to 127m. At 685sec into the flight then approx 750m out from HP at 127m height you decide to turn around but then you were facing a headwind strong enough to outpower your Mini ... not even in Sport mode you could get any heading speed, the Mini were instead blowing away with approx 2,5m/s. You didn't try to descend at all instead just pinned the elevator to max. 86sec after your turn you for the first time descend abit down to 115m & then lose connection for the first time & the AC goes into failsafeRTH. At 794sec you regain connection & cancel the RTH but still blowing backwards, at 813sec you again lose connection followed by failsafeRTH. You then had short moments of connection but are at 968sec on 112m height, 975m away from HP when you lose connection for good & the log ends.

By then, at 112m height you had 16% battery & 8% was defined as the landbattery level ... blowing away with an approx average of 2m/s.

Perhaps @sar104 can give you an estimate location were it could have touched down ...

View attachment 96194

The wind conditions ...

View attachment 96195
View attachment 96196
View attachment 96197

View attachment 96198

I'll give that a go later today.

thanks for the information. I agree that I have asked too much of the Mavic Mini and I should have been more careful with the warnings I received.

Hopefully I can still find the drone.. otherwise it would have been an expensive lesson.

Reactions: JimCanada
I'm astounded by the number of 'just got this drone- let's see what it will do' owners that show up here wondering what went wrong.

welcome to the forum, hope you can find your drone and it is not damaged ,did you purchase refresh if so and you find it at least you will be able to send it in
there is no point in commenting on your error, as you have been punished enough with the loss of your drone ,hard lesson learned

The wind seems to have been rather variable, which adds uncertainty to the solution, but bounding the reasonable values gives this:

Battery.png

Adding the directional uncertainty gives a predicted landing area as shown below as the green shaded area:

1583816552445.png

@Iannnnn glad you got it back ,remove the battery leave the battery door open and keep it in a warm place for 24 hours then you should be good to go and its really @sar104 you should be thanking for his wonderful way of reading logs and working out where you drone is liable to be he is a wonderful asset to this forum

Glad you found it! My sincerest hope is I'll never need sar104 and his Band of Sleuths help!

Your like a blood hound, your percentage on finding drones is awesome

Thanks. There have been several recently that were not found, including a couple on which I was very confident on the solutions, so there's clearly a degree of luck involved.

I'm astounded by the number of 'just got this drone- let's see what it will do' owners that show up here wondering what went wrong.
i like how they all lose radio connection
I found him with your help!! he has been in the rain all night but at first sight everything still works.

let dry well and test carefully next time.

I want to thank you again, it was exactly in the box that you indicated.

Thank you guys.
it....not him

All i can say is on your next flight. Download UAV forecast, don't try and fly it if there is anything other than a mild breeze. Keep it low, keep it in line of sight. This is the only way to get to practice. I didn't let me Mavic more than 200-300m from me for the first ten flights or so. It's still great to practice with the gimbal, flying squares and figures of eight to hone your flying skills. I recently bought a mini, great beginner drone but has serious limitations with range and wind. Keep it close !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming