DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost prop, first crash

beach_Dr

Reactions
after recently having an unfortunate incident with my mavic
(That sick feeling...)
I managed to beg and borrow some funds to acquire a reconditioned mavic replacement.
Charged everything up, updated firmware, checked everything last night, but couldn’t correct a compass error, probably trying to calibrate inside as it was raining out.

This morning, went out and successfully calibrated compass, checked everything again, started up, flew for 4m and it threw its right front prop off and spiraled into a bush. Luckily no damage other than some leaf debris I had to thread out of motor base.

New prop clicked in well, as previous one did, but bit nervous to take off, need to find somewhere really soft in case it does it again...

The prop needs to feel solidly home. There have been instances whereby props have broken, and left tabs down in the bell housing..
This could possibly be a cause of props coming off???

The above being said... I just realised, that I have never removed the props on my MP!!
Yeop, same here! Both my MP's still have the original props. They are both first generation birds purchased just after release in 2016.:)

My mavic I just lost was still using original props from Dec 2016. Never had issues, never removed them!

I check tightness of propellers before every take-off. And every few flights I check the propellers for stress. To my surprise when I unmounted one of them, I found that one of the three tabs that is used to lock in the propeller had broken off, even though it had not been in a crash or been bumped in any way. Definitely periodically check all the crucial plastic components for stress. It can save your mavic.

Reactions: beach_Dr
If a Mavic loses a single prop does it come straight down or with 3 motors still spinning travel some distance ?

If a Mavic loses a single prop does it come straight down or with 3 motors still spinning travel some distance ?
It usually fell over and goes right down, no flying further. Try to sit on a chair with only three legs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark