DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lume Strobe

You guys are in the wrong hobby of you think $50 is too expensive. Wait awhile and I’m sure you can get a used one.
You would be shocked at the DJI inventory that has been amassed at my address. I throw money around like there is no tomorrow, but not fifty dollars on a piece of plastic with a few bulbs that I can guarantee is not brighter than the arc2.

These look really nice. Quad strobe with adjustable, multiple light modes and red and green filters. Has a more finished look than the Arc II quads. Now to see how bright it is. :p Mine's in the mail - will update this thread when I get it.

lc-strobe-1pack_3e97ecec-9fc5-42bb-abff-68cede9b909a_700x.jpg

2_1ae34557-f697-4c35-be08-479b046c5561_700x.png

3_74d9889b-9b41-43ab-94ba-7dcd749148c4_700x.png

7_7a8d73c4-3a44-43c9-87af-257f0755c3f1_700x.png

I have a Mavic Pro and use the Firehouse Arc II strobes. Not as pretty as these Lume Cube LEDs (But then again, you only see them when you land or take off) Firehouse Arc II only have one type of strobe setting, I think?? But they work well and can see them quite clearly. Price is pretty mush the same.

I have a Mavic Pro and use the Firehouse Arc II strobes. Not as pretty as these Lume Cube LEDs (But then again, you only see them when you land or take off) Firehouse Arc II only have one type of strobe setting, I think?? But they work well and can see them quite clearly. Price is pretty mush the same.
Not quite the same numbers. And three modes.

I dont think anyone thinks that these lights are better than the Firehouse or the Cree as these were designed to Alert Aviation above you but my review shows that when used properly you can get some Visual Benefits from it. This video clearly shows that and how it works.

I cannot stress enough how important it is for me to not make a spectacle of my self in the sky, I like that i can fly stealth like without UFO status and yet I can see where I am at with a very easy install. Firehouse Technology lights are for UFO status , Being blinded when Landing is no fun.

I actually use mine during the day, rarely do I ever fly during twilight hours (I don't know why, I just never have). I do fly in heavy, dense forest areas, near mountains, cliffs faces and such. Trying to spot a gun metal grey drone that is as slim and sleek as the Mavic Pro is really difficult to relocate with that type of backdrop even during sunny bright days.

I use Velcro as well, to attach my arc II strobes and I have five mountings locations. Front, Back, Sides and yes the top. I did not think I needed one there, until I flew down into a water fall from the top and lost site of it for a few minutes actually...scary

Strobe-Front.jpg

I also have Arc II's for daytime use in keeping within VLOS at further distances. On my MP I have a white strobe on the bottom which helps at higher altitude and one on the back landing gear. Sometimes I'll use a red and green on the Mavic's sides depending what I'm doing or where I'm at. I don't use binoculars to fly with but always have some close by for a spotter in case something goes wrong. Also if my MP does go down, the strobes can make it easier to find. I recovered a Spark (that had strobes on it) stuck 30 feet up in a tree. Without the strobes the Spark blended in pretty well and we may have never found it.

Looks like you’d need one for the top and one for the bottom to actually gain visibility to both pilot and other air traffic
I thought the same at first but we can only fly to 400’ so there shouldn’t be any planes below that or something is wrong and a drone is their least problem.

Actually where I fly the only close encounters I've had with manned aircraft have been well below 200' but I do fly in an agriculture area. I also have had a couple of fairly close fly bys at a lake that have pilots skimming it and from what I've read they're not supposed to fly over people fishing on the bank so think he is in violation. And yes at times they can sneak up on you before you can react.

Last edited:
Just got mine yesterday so haven't had a chance to test it out. The delivery needed a adult signature so I had to go to the post office to pick it up. $500+ stuff gets left on the door step but a $50 package has to be picked up from the post office. Where's the trust (sarcasm)?

Do these come with more than one Velcro pad to stick on the aircraft (yes, I haven't even opened the box)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar