DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden Flight Done But Image/Video Blur

gingercookie

Reactions
Hey guys, done my maiden flight today! Can I check with fellow pilots, what is the best setting for Image and Video?

I got out of focus image, I am not sure was it because accidentally hit on AE/Lock. Besides, I got "Gimbal Shaking Error" when I switch to other location to take a shot, but then switch to next location, the error gone away.

This is the wobble video when "Gimbal Shaking Error" appeared.

I have some blurry images.

DJI_0005.JPG

DJI_0006.JPG

DJI_0007.JPG

At the same time very nice and clear image ;)

DJI_0010.JPG

Or is there anything I need to test before taking off to make sure image/video are shooting fine.

I suggest you try tap-to-focus. The latest firmware should be occasionally focusing for you automatically by default, unless you turn it off. However, try to use the tap to focus feature a couple times anyway, just to hear what it sounds like. It should make a sharp "d-d-deet" sound.

What I think may have happened is (1) you may not have the auto-focusing turned on, and (2) you may have tapped to focus on something in the very near range like the inside of your house. Then it did not focus again until you tapped somewhere on the screen again during your flight.

As for gimbal shaking-- check that the gimbal's base is correctly attached at all four corners inside the nose of the aircraft. If it is quite gusty wind conditions, the gimbal may be fighting the wind and causing motion blur and errors.

Try refreshing or downgrading your firmware. I had an issue yesterday where the Mavic started to oscillate badly and give me gimbal vibration warnings. The only remedy was to refresh the firmware and that did the trick.

I suggest you try tap-to-focus. The latest firmware should be occasionally focusing for you automatically by default, unless you turn it off. However, try to use the tap to focus feature a couple times anyway, just to hear what it sounds like. It should make a sharp "d-d-deet" sound.

What I think may have happened is (1) you may not have the auto-focusing turned on, and (2) you may have tapped to focus on something in the very near range like the inside of your house. Then it did not focus again until you tapped somewhere on the screen again during your flight.

As for gimbal shaking-- check that the gimbal's base is correctly attached at all four corners inside the nose of the aircraft. If it is quite gusty wind conditions, the gimbal may be fighting the wind and causing motion blur and errors.

Thanks a lot! That is what I missed, and I guess i accidentally tap on the screen with I had the clear shot earlier. That is a great tips. After that I found out DJI GO Apps has preset center focus on C1 key. Now I will tap on C1 key before taking video/image shot!

DJI_0004.JPG

Reactions: kiribati
Try refreshing or downgrading your firmware. I had an issue yesterday where the Mavic started to oscillate badly and give me gimbal vibration warnings. The only remedy was to refresh the firmware and that did the trick.

Hey mate, I tried follow on this thread Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

After I adjust the gimbal and the error gone away, hopefully it will not come back again o_O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum