DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden flight finally

MavicScot

Reactions
At last the weather has improved and I managed to get a couple of decent flights in , after flying R/C for years and having left the hobby some 10yrs ago I am amazed what this drone can do.

After reading of the issues folk were having with android I went for a IPad Mini 4, coupled with the latest firmware there were no issues at all in either flight.

It was amazing to see it RTH , as I had no experience of this kind of technology. Either flew Heli's or fixed wing before.

Very happy, and I can see some fun filled days getting some nice shots etc.

Im an old time RC flyer too and have similar experience. The difference these days is staggering, these birds pretty much fly themselves and you have to do something to make them crash. In my old helicopter days, it took skillful planning to make sure it didnt crash, and lots of fine tuning to get it perfect. Those days are past with the Mavic, Just do a good preflight, push a few buttons and youre airborne. They are very safe.

Did you buy any insurance with your drone? You have a few options including DJI Refresh, Drone Insurance such as State Farm, and also AMA for liability. You probably had an AMA membership when you flew planks.

Hope you have fun with yours.

Yes @Thunderdrones, I bought the fly more combo and DJI Refresh at the same time. I have been constantly watching video's on set up etc, and have had preflight checks drummed into me, so I just normal practise. I am in the UK by the way. Yeah I made sure I had liability insurance as well.

Cheers for the reply

At last the weather has improved and I managed to get a couple of decent flights in , after flying R/C for years and having left the hobby some 10yrs ago I am amazed what this drone can do.

After reading of the issues folk were having with android I went for a IPad Mini 4, coupled with the latest firmware there were no issues at all in either flight.

It was amazing to see it RTH , as I had no experience of this kind of technology. Either flew Heli's or fixed wing before.

Very happy, and I can see some fun filled days getting some nice shots etc.
It is a whole world of difference from the old nine channel adjustable pitch and collective helicopters of old, I am amazed.

Reactions: MavicScot
It sure Is @bunnytoo, no chance of taking the fingers off the sticks at all lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78