DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manipulating the DJI SDK

amstar

Reactions
It was again one of those night flights for me, programmed the flight in Litchi and flew with DJI GO, about 33,000 feet away and coming back engaged sport mode. Wanted to maintain the same track as I had gone away while coming back but was all over the place. I have the air data link below. Generally what do you guys do while in sport mode coming back fly straight back and adjust for any home deviations towards the end or try to maintain a as close to a shortest line back home engaging yaw as needed? There was a crosswind blowing at about 5 miles with gusts up to 5mph.
[
d14bbad7451b293e8e1d618825d3dacf.jpg
IMG]

iCloud

Well I think it’s important to know your area and know the minimum height you can safely fly to avoid anything on the ground. 400 feet should be plenty of height to a avoid any structure on the ground in almost every place that isn’t a major metropolis. I fly in Salt Lake City so mountains are my biggest concern so I have set my map in Litchi to hybrid so I can see the terrain better. Flying blind I follow the map and I leave significant room for error.

In Litchi, if running a mission you can actual change the cruise speed in mission settings to 0mph and just pull back on the right stick and the drone will tun the mission backwards. Alternatively you can set the mission setting ending action to “reverse” and the mission will run in reverse once it has gets to the end of the mission. Of course the mission will end if you switch to sport mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15