DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maps questions.

MavicKhan

Reactions
Being new to all this, drones, the Mavic, DJI Go (4) and even iOs, I need some help regarding the used maps.

1. What maps does Dji Go 4 use under iOS?

2. Are they "cachable", as Google Maps are?...I can tethered the 2nd-hand WiFi-only I bought to my 4G Samsung tab running the hotspot functionality but, in the future, there will be instances where I will be flying in areas without cellular nor Wi-Fi coverage, so I will need to already have the maps on the device.

3. What maps does Litchi use, running on iOS? Are those "cacheable"?

Thanks.

MK

I have not noticed who's maps they are using but for the Phantom's and the regular GO app it was google maps... if you wanted to cache the maps just turn on your wifi, power up the controller and machine, allow the GPS homepoint to be established... then move the map to the area you want... zoom iin/out to your liking then turn wifi off and power down. Your maps of the area you intend to fly should be cached. One note, the quality of the cached map will be the quality of whatever the zoom was when you cached it. and will be of limited size... at least this is how the Phantom's worked... I have yet to test this on my Mavic with the GO 4 app...

My Brother uses Litchi and he says they use Google Maps and yes they are cache-able... he is on Android

Thanks,

For Google Maps and Android I have caching all figured out, as I am regular user of that functionality.

My problem is iOs, DJI Go 4 and "whoever" maps, since I haven't used them :(

I will do some tests based on your much appreciated input :)

MK

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31