DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew propellers review on Mavic Pro Platinum

Both batts are about same age, 20 flight, both was charged as the same time on the hub right before the flight.
Never had issue with non of them, always game me about same flight time all of my tests.
I can repeat this test once again, just for my own crunches, but I believe all numbers are correct.

Looks like I have to repeat this test on the same battery once more time.
I am not trying to fake this test in any means and if the battery gave me false reading I will delete this vid and redo...

Hi Rnl: Where did you get the "eyes" and "mouth"? I really like those. Also, where did you get the leg extensions?
eBay search shark mouth and eyes, polar pro for extensions. Best buy has extensions.

Both batts are about same age, 20 flight, both was charged as the same time on the hub right before the flight.
Never had issue with non of them, always game me about same flight time all of my tests.
I can repeat this test once again, just for my own crunches, but I believe all numbers are correct.

Looks like I have to repeat this test on the same battery once more time.
I am not trying to fake this test in any means and if the battery gave me false reading I will delete this vid and redo...
I am not doubting your results or saying the results are fake. The 16+ min hover seems in the low side. It'd be interesting if you pull out the flight logs and do a plot Battery % vs Time and Motor Spd vs Time and compare the flights.
I think it'd be funny if these props on a Mavic Pro would give a similar flight time and noise reduction as the Mavic Pro Platinum. That's the whole reason people are paying $100 more for the MPP.

Reactions: SuperPete
I bought a set of them, and will be trying to return them. I put them on my Mavic Pro, and from the get-go I was concerned. When I first started the Mavic, once the motors settled down from the startup, I could hear a pulsing in the sound. When I switched back to my stock props: nice and steady. I used an SPL app on my phone (I know, not accurate, but good enough for comparisons) to compare standard MP props and there was a 1db difference. That's barely noticeable to the human ear. I took them off and left them for a few days. I tried them again, and the quad shimmied (don't know how else to describe it) a bit on the table when at "idle". I took it off and hovered it for about 30 sec. at 4-5 ft. and it was not stable. Switched back to my stock props (which are not in perfect condition - a couple minor dings) and all was rock-solid.

Nope, not gonna fly with those. Don't need these unbalanced mess of props failing when I'm 300 ft. off the deck. I'll try to get some video of what's happening. I really wanted to like these.

Well that’s not what I wanted to hear . I was about to order 4 sets but I don’t want to have to balance them

I bought a set of them, and will be trying to return them. I put them on my Mavic Pro, and from the get-go I was concerned. When I first started the Mavic, once the motors settled down from the startup, I could hear a pulsing in the sound. When I switched back to my stock props: nice and steady. I used an SPL app on my phone (I know, not accurate, but good enough for comparisons) to compare standard MP props and there was a 1db difference. That's barely noticeable to the human ear. I took them off and left them for a few days. I tried them again, and the quad shimmied (don't know how else to describe it) a bit on the table when at "idle". I took it off and hovered it for about 30 sec. at 4-5 ft. and it was not stable. Switched back to my stock props (which are not in perfect condition - a couple minor dings) and all was rock-solid.

Nope, not gonna fly with those. Don't need these unbalanced mess of props failing when I'm 300 ft. off the deck. I'll try to get some video of what's happening. I really wanted to like these.

I'd contact them the set you have has a problem and likely only one of the four that made it past QC.,

Mine is butter smooth using these props and notable reduction in sound. The Air screws "high" about that of the stock mavic props "low".

Same as you SPL app on my phone. (But more to the point of my post, watch the mavic in flight running the MAS props)

SPL app on phone or not we noticed the difference in sound level emitted from it the second it left the ground first time testing em out.

I could be wrong but I can't help but feel they'll do what it takes to make it right with ya given the chance.

I'd contact them the set you have has a problem and likely only one of the four that made it past QC.,

Mine is butter smooth using these props and notable reduction in sound. The Air screws "high" about that of the stock mavic props "low".

Same as you SPL app on my phone. (But more to the point of my post, watch the mavic in flight running the MAS props)

SPL app on phone or not we noticed the difference in sound level emitted from it the second it left the ground first time testing em out.

I could be wrong but I can't help but feel they'll do what it takes to make it right with ya given the chance.
I agree,. mine made less noise for sure and it flys great. Deer are way more sensitive to noise than we are and I can get within 40 feet now, have done it several times, could not do it with platinum props. Tone is different, I love them.

I appreciate the info. I will reach out to them, and give them a chance before I throw in the towel.

Reactions: Danr-62
I appreciate the info. I will reach out to them, and give them a chance before I throw in the towel.

Please, if you would come back and let us know what happen that'd be great.

It would be a more believable result if the test were run again after fully charging both batteries and running batt.#2 with the orange props and then #1 with the DJI set. Also I'm left wondering if the heat buildup in the device could possibly have an effect. I'm assuming he went directly to test 2 after running test 1 and was beginning test 2 with a hot Mavic.

Reactions: Ekaj1313
20.00? Give them a try, 2 months on mine and doing great for me.

Just one test proves nothing. You should repeat the test at least six times in succession. swapping the blades over to the opposite battery each time. I noticed you spun the Mavic around into different positions, that shouldn't have been done either as your adding in extra inputs. But thanks for giving it a go.

Just fly and have fun, don't have to prove, their losing out. Good props

Reactions: Gazmg
Have read a lot on those props and most of it good .
Fly with what you trust and like as Rnl said.
Me...Nothing comes between my Mavic's or Phantom's and the sky but OEM props .
Just me.

I have been putting these props to the test have over 55 hours on a set now will use them on my 2 and a half year old mavic for the foreseeable future. I like everything about them. I can assure you guys they can handle anything the oems can. I would never use any other third party props but MA has been around a long time and I have used a lot of there Heli rotor blades with great success..

Do they actually make a difference on the platinum too, or is the comparison really just between these and the oem platinum props on a mavic pro?

Do they actually make a difference on the platinum too, or is the comparison really just between these and the oem platinum props on a mavic pro?
They make a definite difference on my MPP. In addition to being quieter I get about 2 minutes more flight time.
The one negative impact on my Platinum is the top speed has been reduced by between 3 and 5 km/h, not a big deal for me but somebody else it might be.
Cheers

Reactions: mavicsupersonic
You can try gradually reducing the gain settings if you are getting vibrations or drifting. These props are well worth the effort of spending a couple of minutes to adjust gain for lower RPM.
I found these settings to be perfect on my 2 year old MP:
Pitch 96 Controls forward/back movement.
Roll 96 Controls side to side movement.
Yaw 90 Controls rotational (spin) movement.
Vertical 96 Controls up/down movement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J