DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MasterShots on Air 2?

theOz24

Reactions
I don't plan on upgrading to the new Air 2S. However, the biggest feature that they added is actually software based: MasterShots. Asking for those who may be more in the know if they think MasterShots will also be added to the MA2? This new feature would be a timesaver for me as I am not a professional drone pilot or videographer but I love getting those cinematic shots as much as I can on my travels. So having this feature seems like it would make the process super easy to get those shots and then move on while your family of 5 is waiting on you.

This came up in at least one other thread. The use of the word "currently" in the updated description of the DJI Fly 1.4 update today is strange...

"Adds a new MasterShots feature for taking pro-level video recordings. (Currently only compatible with DJI Air 2S)"

This could be interpreted as maybe support for other models is forthcoming. Or it could be wishful thinking.

Reactions: Lecheeb and theOz24
This came up in at least one other thread. The use of the word "currently" in the updated description of the DJI Fly 1.4 update today is strange...

"Adds a new MasterShots feature for taking pro-level video recordings. (Currently only compatible with DJI Air 2S)"

This could be interpreted as maybe support for other models is forthcoming. Or it could be wishful thinking.
You are right, I just update the iOS app and it does word it that way. I certainly hope they release it for the MA2. If they do, I hope they don't take too long. I waited a long time for them to finally have the Smart Controller support for the MA2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lecheeb
So many devices in our lives are capable of doing more, but are locked behind closed-source software. I have a Mini 2 and there’s a few features I’m sure could be enabled if DJI wanted to or if someone was able to modify the firmware. I hold out a tiny sliver of optimism. :)

Last edited:
That's BS, look what you can do with dronelink...Staying with 1.2.4 fly...had issues with 1.4.0 all that automation is in your phone....

Reactions: egoldy
So many devices in our lives are capable of doing more, but are locked behind closed-source software. I have a Mini 2 and there’s a few features I’m sure could be enabled if DJI wanted to or if someone was able to modify the firmware. I hold out a tiny sliver of optimism. :)
Like Active Track? Can do it with Litchi, but not with DJI Fly

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Would be nice to get mastershots on the Mavic Air 2!
But now I'm used to filming everything manually

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason