DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 and Amazon

Mavic - Pilot

Reactions
As most people here, I cant wait to get my hands on a Mavic 2 Pro, but I‘d like to order it through Amazon. Does anyone have experience with the delay between release in DJI Store and the release on Amazon? Has one of you already seen or ordered it on Amazon?

I ordered direct as soon as they said order while watching live and it will be here in Florida Wednesday because they said they had put off releasing until they could fill all orders, so I expect they will sell all they can before releasing to others except preorders, which you can do from Florida Drone Supply now. Why would they let others have access to such a hot item when they will sell millions for max profits!

I ordered direct as soon as they said order while watching live and it will be here in Florida Wednesday because they said they had put off releasing until they could fill all orders, so I expect they will sell all they can before releasing to others except preorders, which you can do from Florida Drone Supply now. Why would they let others have access to such a hot item when they will sell millions for max profits!
Did they charge you tax? I live in Florida, too.

I’m afraid you’re right.
I would order via DJI, it’s just that I have a couple of Amazon gift cards lying around.

FAA is federal and they didn’t tax me when I registered my Mavic Pro. You should be ok.

Thanks!
In about 4 to 12 months you will be getting a bill from Florida because the FAA informs them that you registered an aircraft with the FAA and Florida will ask you for a copy of the bill of sales to see if you paid sales taxes, I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two by registering 2 Inspires.

Reactions: Paul2660
In about 4 to 12 months you will be getting a bill from Florida because the FAA informs them that you registered an aircraft with the FAA and Florida will ask you for a copy of the bill of sales to see if you paid sales taxes, I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two by registering 2 Inspires.
Well, it's been over 18 months and I haven't heard from anyone...

I don't think you're registering your aircraft with the FAA, but yourself. The number you get for yourself is then written on the aircraft.

Just buy from DJI Official Store on Amazon. Then you can use your Amazon gift cards, but you’re still buying direct from DJI.

Yes they do, and in several different combinations. They added it there the same time it showed up on DJI.com during the announcement. That’s how I ordered the combo that includes fly more and refresh.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GPF3T4W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Their (Amazon's) search engine must have not been updated yesterday am when i tried to order. I ended up ordering from DJI - it's been shipped and looks like it should be in the air between China and the US. Supposed to arrive Wednesday.

I don't think you're registering your aircraft with the FAA, but yourself. The number you get for yourself is then written on the aircraft.
I had 2 Inspire 1's and was told each one had to be registered, so I did and got N numbers for both. I know the regulations have changed several times and I haven't checked them since I've had mine for 3 years.

Where would they even get the bill of sale from? People have to pay sales tax on full MSRP if they buy used on eBay? As far as I'm concerned it's none of the state's business what I paid if I bought it from out of state.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial