DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Fatal Flaw: Broken Camera/Gimbal?

Looking at the other picture on that twitter thread shows another dust/hair like something (or is the mysterious evidence of a whack from a table) at the front between the notches ...hold on pic again to show neededView attachment 44740

It's all dust. Look at the table he's laying it on for the photos. Or are all of those little bits of cracked drone?

Attachments

• 0F18F0E9-7D5C-4DB1-9C7A-448A7DC67CA2.jpeg
    0F18F0E9-7D5C-4DB1-9C7A-448A7DC67CA2.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 43
Are you Dustin ? Do i look like Dustin ?
meh
It's all dust. Look at the table he's taking table he's laying it on. For the photos. Or are all of those little bits of cracked drone?
yeah! okay point taken, I haven't been following this as intensely as others by the looks and hadn't seen anything else apart from a few posts in this thread

yeah! okay point taken, I haven't been following this as intensely as others by the looks and hadn't seen anything else apart from a few posts in this thread

Lol. Sorry, DJI kicked me out of the group on FB this all happened in for "talking about it" so I'm on the offensive because the dudes gimbal simply fell the Eff off and they are trying to keep it all hush hush.

Reactions: SpinItUp
The jury is still out on this...would like to be informed of the proceedings though and hope it isn't all kept within FaceAche
Lol. Sorry, DJI kicked me out of the group on FB this all happened in for "talking about it" so I'm on the offensive because the dudes gimbal simply fell the Eff off and they are trying to keep it all hush hush.
So the big *** sensor is too heavy to be held in place by poxy (see what I did there) glue but fine with the other Mavics
But Dustin and friends just seem like a slippery bunch (or this is just me?)

Last edited:
The jury is still out on this...would like to be informed of the proceedings though and hope it isn't all kept within FaceAche

So the big *** sensor is too heavy to be held in place by poxy (see what I did there) glue but fine with the other Mavics
But Dustin and friends just seem like a slippery bunch (or this is just me?)

I'm not sure what you mean by slippery bunch. Or "Dustin and friends"

Now, for the record I have seen a pretty severe crash (aside from the crash test video) where the MP2P was all broken up and the gimbal was completely torn from the socket, but it was the joint back at the body that ripped apart, not the one that broke on Dustin's. That was still intact and the gimbal obviously took a severe hit. So that bodes well I suppose.

This/the OP seems slippery

This really has taken on a life of its own hasn't it. From what I saw, which was everything, Dustin wasn't trying to call out DJI or start anything. He wasn't speculating on anything or talking bad about DJI. He posted the original picture because, well, who wouldn't if it happened to theirs on Day 1 for no apparent reason. Then people started saying he crashed it, which he was adamant about that he didn't, so then he posted a bunch of other pictures of the drone from every side (one of which is the drone on its back that I posted) to show there wasn't even a blemish on it. And there wasn't, it was pristine. Within the span of a few hours it was everywhere and the story was morphing and people were lying. All the while Dustin was just having a conversation with DJI reps and they were sorting it all out and they sent him a shipping label and were talking about 2-day air shipping so he'd be back in the air as soon as possible. Mostly we were all just filling up the thread with glue jokes. (See mine attached, probably what got me kicked out)
But the takeaway was that this wasn't a PR stunt or malicious in any way by Dustin. Now, I can't say that others didn't take his story and try to benefit from it almost immediately. But Dustin doesn't know those people and is just a normal dude who had some bad luck.

Attachments

• 93F2A6F1-5311-494E-B5B2-1BBC24D0262F.jpeg
    93F2A6F1-5311-494E-B5B2-1BBC24D0262F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: SpinItUp
3M panel bond will fix this for good, not kidding, 90% of your cars and trucks are glued together with this stuff. I use it all the time and only high heat can break the bond. I know most people will send them back and there probably would be a recall but I would just glue it together and carry on.

Cutting corners to maximise profits. Glueing two metal parts together without at least one fastener is insane. The scenarios in flight make the head spin. Variable temperatures, ageing, poor assembly. All for the sake of one extra screw that demands a QA check on the way through production.

Love my Mavic Air and will never go near a Pro 2 while that design exists. Sad for enthusiasts pooring out big bucks on these fancy glue birds.

Stuff like this will happen with any new product launch. Nobody can say at this moment if this is going to be a serious issue that effects more/many/all M2P owners. It's possible it could be, but it's just as possible it won't be.
Yes, this is why DJI and lots of other manufacturers need to TEST,TEST,TEST before they put things on the market! They leave it up to US to find the flaws!!

If this was flown only two minutes, why would anyone in their right mind think of fixing it themselves?!? And if this isn't click-bait, then obviously this is a QC issue in manufacturing. Hardly a fatal flaw. Just sucks to have to wait for the round trip to DJI for repair.

Cutting corners to maximise profits. Glueing two metal parts together without at least one fastener is insane. The scenarios in flight make the head spin. Variable temperatures, ageing, poor assembly. All for the sake of one extra screw that demands a QA check on the way through production.

Love my Mavic Air and will never go near a Pro 2 while that design exists. Sad for enthusiasts pooring out big bucks on these fancy glue birds.

Are you sure that the MA was not also glued?

This came from one of the facebook groups, but a user has already had the camera and gimbal separate. It was flown for less than 2 minutes, yes, TWO, and when it was set on a table they heard a clunk.

Is this something that more users will have issues with?

I'm glad he video evidence and I sure hope DJI will do what they said. I had photo and video evidence and all they would do is offer a discount on the repair

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111