DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Controller Monitor Selection

Watash48

Reactions
I have just received my Mavic 2 Pro and I am looking into purchasing a monitor that will provide me better visibility of my DJI Go 4 app.
I have the iPhone XS Max however I am in need of a larger screen.
Can you please point me in the right direction to make a quality selection and why you would choose the particular monitor?
Also... What do you recommend for a mounting bracket?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

I personally use an iPad mini 4 and it works great and the balance is better than the larger ones.
As for a mounting bracket I use the LifThor Sif and I really like it. I also have a MavMount but I prefer having the screen in front of the remote control and that’s why I use the LifThor Sif as it places it in front of the remote control thereby leaving the control sticks free and easier to access.

Reactions: Watash48
What /\ he said...I use an iPad Mini 4 and a Lifthor Sif and it works great.

The Sif is a spendy (but very high quality) tablet mount.
You’re exactly right that LifThor Sif is very expensive but well worth the price! But as I said before I prefer to have my iPad mini 4 in front of the remote control for better accessibility to the sticks.
And I have already tried several different mounting brackets and they are cheaply made and I believe that you get what you pay for!! Well worth the extra money !

Last edited:
If you want android and don’t want to spend a fortune then the Huawei MediaPad M3 8 Lite. Just make sure you put it in developer mode. Works really well.

Best way to fly is to sit somewhere with 12” iPad Pro in front of you.

On a go iPhone 7+ was good enough for me. I use $20 holder which brings screen about 10” closer to my face. Hood is a must.

Ipad Mini 4, 128 gig, Refurbished unit from Apple. Added a anti-glare screen cover. I run it at full brightness and sound. The 128 gig helps with the video and sound capture, although I don't use it for post production, just in case of a crash for fly away.

Now here's where I'm not sure... Mine does not have cellular, just WiFi. Would paying for cellular resolve issues with the attitude/directional indicator? Does a cellular equipped Ipad Mini 4 able to "find it's location"? Mine does not, at least in Google maps, and I believe it does not in Go 4.

All you have to do is to use your iPhone (assuming you got one) as a hotspot for iPad. Problem solved

The iPad mini screen isn't much bigger than the iPhone XS Max, so that seems like a nonstarter to me. Why spend all that money for such minimal gain?

Since you're already familiar with and invested in the iOS world I'd stick with an iPad. The iPad Pro models have the brightest displays and the fastest processors. Even last year's iPad Pros are still available for less money.

The 9.7-inch version or 10.5-inch from last year) would probably work best but you'd want to look at the bigger model, too, just to be sure (12.9 or whatever it is).

And I agree with the recommendation of the Lifthor.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman