DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro DOWN

lil Glock

Reactions
I'm a bit sick to my stomach over this.
any help is appreciated.

I hit a power line and it went down on a dirt and gravel road hard. broke the back left leg and front left motor now only spins one way.

It was stupid Pilot error. So where do i go to get repairs?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I'm a bit sick to my stomach over this.
any help is appreciated.

I hit a power line and it went down on a dirt and gravel road hard. broke the back left leg and front left motor now only spins one way.

It was stupid Pilot error. So where do i go to get repairs?
Send a message to Thunderdrones... He repairs Mavics.

So glad I went back and added DJI care. Never used it but times like this helps.

Sorry to hear about the mistake. I destroyed my p3a years back before DJI care. Quickest 1k ever spent

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
The drone has been amazing. I put myself in a bad spot to get a pic. I actually thought there is no power line about me. Im centered over a small street.

Once I began to ascend I herd it :eek: :confused:

If it can happen. It will! the odds of a single cable right where i went up.:(

Glad no one did the 'lol' at you. I was following a thread yesterday where a drone in active track all of a sudden shot across the road and hit a power line and crashed. He was trying to figure out why and instead was getting the 'lol' treatment, know what I'm say'n? Just say'n...

The obstacle avoidance doesnt always detect cables or small branches.
Correct opstical avoidance rarely catches cables. This was operator error. Opstical avoidance is a nice feature just do not count on it for cables.

Glad no one did the 'lol' at you. I was following a thread yesterday where a drone in active track all of a sudden shot across the road and hit a power line and crashed. He was trying to figure out why and instead was getting the 'lol' treatment, know what I'm say'n? Just say'n...
I am not blaming opstical avoidance. As I stated in the original post "THIS WAS PILOT ERROR" I screwed up. I am not looking to blame opstical avoidance for not avoiding this. It would be rare for it to catch a skinny little cable. Again this WAS pilot error. An expensive one.

It is the pilots fault if he allows his drone to come into collision with cables and or power lines. I'm just saying. Its the pilots fault. I was the one responsible for the aircraft. It was my fault.

It best to stay above opsticals. STAY AWAY FROM POWERLINES.

I am not blaming opstical avoidance. As I stated in the original post "THIS WAS PILOT ERROR" I screwed up. I am not looking to blame opstical avoidance for not avoiding this. It would be rare for it to catch a skinny little cable. Again this WAS pilot error. An expensive one.

It is the pilots fault if he allows his drone to come into collision with cables and or power lines. I'm just saying. Its the pilots fault. I was the one responsible for the aircraft. It was my fault.

It best to stay above opsticals. STAY AWAY FROM POWERLINES.

Obstacle
;)

Thunderdrones...where are you located if I may ask?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial