DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Problem Hysteria

Similar situation yesterday. I didn't get care refresh, and it was a few days after I activated it. I flew a few times, and then had it go haywire. I've flown hundreds of flights on the old mavic. It just flew in a straight line into a building 100 yards away. Nothing I did would stop its trajectory.

I'm not sure what my options are since I don't have the refresh. Did you have any luck?

Another victim of Poe's Law.

Similar situation yesterday. I didn't get care refresh, and it was a few days after I activated it. I flew a few times, and then had it go haywire. I've flown hundreds of flights on the old mavic. It just flew in a straight line into a building 100 yards away. Nothing I did would stop its trajectory.

I'm not sure what my options are since I don't have the refresh. Did you have any luck?

Not certain if you recognize that you're getting your leg pulled because everything he did in that was wrong, WRONG.
THAT SAID, if you will post your LOG and TXT files then someone will analyze them to see what happened.
@Thunderdrones can help with repair

No issues of any kind (I will forego MP2 filter design) I did a 762 photo mapping mission without issues and I'm looking forward to doing three weeks of work with it in New Mexico. in a couple weeks. The video has also been stellar. Calm winds to all.

Sar, apologies - Select the excuse that is acceptable for me missing the link to Poe's Law. if none are acceptable let me know and I will conger up more excuses.

1. Using my phone and too lazy to use Google to search for Poe's Law
2. Too young to have heard it before :cool:
3. Due to the light where I was using my phone I didn't see when you added a link to Poe's law
4. it wasn't MY fault :p
5. No YouTube video's explaining what Poe's Law meant

Reactions: sar104
Uhhhhh. Hmmmm... did you read the post you quoted?

Oh it's sarcasm. I just read the "crashed right away" and proceeded to comment.

Its weird because I've never had a bad experience with their products before. I'm sure that its my fault somehow, like maybe only had one GPS satellite or something.

I think the biggest issue with the Mavic hysteria (or any online hysteria) is that the only valid data points are the ones that have had their logs analyzed and pilot error ruled out. My time on these forums has taught me that pilot error or ignoring warnings (high wind, etc.), or ignoring 'best practices' is probably the case over 90% of the time.

This goes for any issue with any product. First, you only hear from people with the problems, not the majority who don't. If every happy user made a thread about it, that's all we'd be reading all day long. Second, the validity of the claims is very rarely verified (which is very difficult to do). On top of that you also have a small number of trolls, people with agendas, people with an axe to grind with DJI, etc. At the end of the day you were left with precious few actual data points and very little credible information.

Reactions: sar104 and Turn11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs