DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Props same as Mavic Pro or Platinum only ?

networth

Reactions

I see DJI did not give extra set of props in the fly more combo.
****!

The extra props are in the fly more combo, they are in the front zippered pouch.

Mavic 2 Props same as Mavic Pro or Platinum only ? ...
They are slightly different. However, I suspect the Mavic Pro regular or platinum props would work on the MP2 without most people noticing much difference. So in a pinch, you're probably okay. Haven't tried it, though.

Won't work the other way around, however. One of the early reviews put the MP2 props on the MP and they just barely hit the rear chassis.

The length is different. Someone tried a swap on youtube and the prop tips hit the body.

The length is different. Someone tried a swap on youtube and the prop tips hit the body.
I think I saw the same video. That guy was putting the M2P Props on the MP. The other way around should not be an issue. I'm not sure why he didn't test it both ways.

They are slightly different. However, I suspect the Mavic Pro regular or platinum props would work on the MP2 without most people noticing much difference. So in a pinch, you're probably okay. Haven't tried it, though.

Won't work the other way around, however. One of the early reviews put the MP2 props on the MP and they just barely hit the rear chassis.
The M2 Props have a longer leading edge and are bigger overall. They're presumably perfectly designed for the motors.... I won't be swapping and 'testing' mine.... :)
Ian

Is it just me or is the M2P substantially louder than the MP1 with low noise props? The M2P is a noisy beast which I was quite dissaponted at.
To me it's much quieter.
I guess it's a little subjective, but the pitch is lower and with no buzzing at all, it seems far quieter to me.

Ian.

To me it's much quieter.
I guess it's a little subjective, but the pitch is lower and with no buzzing at all, it seems far quieter to me.

Ian.
It is a lower pitch but that low frequency means it can be heard further away. I could defo hear the M2P at heights I couldn’t with the MP

To me it's much quieter.

Ian.

Im going with quieter or at least less obtrusive. The lower pitch is far less annoying to people.

My old one i could hear easily, the distinctive wasp sound 400m minimum away. The new one is much closer before its obvious.

Reactions: Ian in London
The M2 Props have a longer leading edge and are bigger overall. They're presumably perfectly designed for the motors.... I won't be swapping and 'testing' mine.... :)
Ian
To put it in context, I've seen people swap the Air and Spark props, which are a lot more different. (here's one of those vids chosen at random)

I'd agree with you that there is no point in using props that were not designed for this drone. That said, the MP props are pretty close in size to the M2 props. I have no doubt the M2 would fly with the MP props and the motors will compensate, like they always do, with power adjustments to move the craft where it needs to go. No, I don't care enough about it to test it but it's just a propeller. Change all 4 if you're in a pinch and carry on. ;)

Reactions: Ian in London

I see DJI did not give extra set of props in the fly more combo.
****!
I'm not sure if you are aware, but prop's for drones are identified by a 4-figure number which tells you the diameter and pitch of the prop' in inches.
Standard DJI prop's for the Mavic Pro are - 8330 ... 8.3" diameter x 3.0" pitch
Platinum 'Quiet' prop's for the Mav' Pro & Platinum are - 8331 ... 8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch
Standard DJI Prop's for the Mavic 2 Pro series are - 8743 ... 8.7" diameter x 4.3" pitch

Based on that info, you can see that the Mavic 2 Pro prop's - apart from being a different shape - are quite a different prop' than the two options for the Mavic Pro.
So - the bottom line is - NO - it's not a good idea to use Mav' Pro prop's on the Mav' 2 Pro series drones (or vice versa, as the larger diameter 8743 will smack the fuselage of the Mavic Pro).

Reactions: Jimm and anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andyd