DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic #2 shipped.. now what do I do..

Dronebow

Reactions
Ok, so I am taking a family vacation to Colorado for Christmas and having the Mavic is a must. Because of concerns about the time to delivery I had ordered a second from Newegg since it appeared it would ship before the first order from Amazon.

Order 1 got here before order 2 but the MP has a range issue and I shipped it to RMA last week. Should be there today for them to repair.

So at the moment - No MP in hand

Order 2 just shipped and will be here on Thursday. I had intended that I would just turn this around and sell on Ebay.

So here is the $800 question.. If I sell order 2 on ebay "before Christmas" I could make about $800 from it I believe. But that would mean a minimum of a 3 day auction and 2 day shipping which means I would need to have the sale completed by the 21st so I can ship on the 22nd. BUT if my original MP isn't back yet then I may have to break into this new one for the trip and sell the RMA unit. Which would not make it for Christmas to the buyer..

This will be close but wondering what would you do? Sacrifice the potential extra money for the trip? That's kind of where I'm leaning...

Just a heads up, ebay has become a terrible place to sell. All said an done, they take about 15% of the sale price (paypal + ebay fees). If you decide to end the auction early for some reason, they can charge you 10% of the list price in some cases so read the fine print. Just a heads up.

I agree with that, I used to sell on ebay for my sole income, no more, no more. It's a greedy hell hole that favors new buyers.
That being said I am also stuck with a fourth battery to sell, not as bad as having too many Mavics though !

Don't forget after Christmas people have their gift moneys to spend, but pricing will be driven by what supply is available. They are ramping up production it seems, but IMO demand will still be up there too.

Regardless,

DJI will probably return your Mavic by the 22nd. I'd wait till I hear from DJI about your exchange/repair, maybe rattle their tree by Thursday/Friday when your #2 shows up. Then sell the #2. IMO you should also disclose to buyers that the #1 is an repair/return, and that could hurt the sale too.

Don't forget after Christmas people have their gift moneys to spend, but pricing will be driven by what supply is available. They are ramping up production it seems, but IMO demand will still be up there too.

Regardless,

DJI will probably return your Mavic by the 22nd. I'd wait till I hear from DJI about your exchange/repair, maybe rattle their tree by Thursday/Friday when your #2 shows up. Then sell the #2. IMO you should also disclose to buyers that the #1 is an repair/return, and that could hurt the sale too.
Yes, of course. If I sold #1 I would fully disclose that info.

And to the comments about ebay.. Yes, I completely agree. I used to sell on ebay quite a lot as well but when they bought PayPal it seems like double dipping to me honestly. But their fees and then the paypal fees, I'm sure it's more than 15%. Still, if I do the math on that.. Making $600 or $650 does help defray the cost of my other mavic.

I vote that you be a decent person and pay it forward. Sell it to someone with little markup.

You will not make $800 from a regular Mavic sold via e-bay after fee's. Even without fees most you will make is ~$400 if get lucky at this point.

in regards to your Amazon order was it DJI Amazon or other 3rd party. Or was it with Amazon Prime? oh if you dont mind when did you place the Amazon order?

With Ebay you are basically at 10% ebay, 3% PP, then shipping. Assuming no reserve, or BIN listings (zero insertion fees).

I vote that you be a decent person and pay it forward. Sell it to someone with little markup.
Hey, I get all of that and I actually considered it. I may still to be honest. On ebay I would make it an auction with a starting price of say $800 and let people bid on what they are willing to pay. That is not being a bad person or even not being "decent". I'm not dictating what people will pay. If someone decides they are willing to pay $2000, that's on them.

But stay tuned.. this story isn't done yet.

in regards to your Amazon order was it DJI Amazon or other 3rd party. Or was it with Amazon Prime? oh if you dont mind when did you place the Amazon order?
It was Koozam on Amazon and I placed the order on Oct 2nd. I received it first Nov 26th. So just about 2 months.

Ok, so I am taking a family vacation to Colorado for Christmas and having the Mavic is a must. Because of concerns about the time to delivery I had ordered a second from Newegg since it appeared it would ship before the first order from Amazon.

Order 1 got here before order 2 but the MP has a range issue and I shipped it to RMA last week. Should be there today for them to repair.

So at the moment - No MP in hand

Order 2 just shipped and will be here on Thursday. I had intended that I would just turn this around and sell on Ebay.

So here is the $800 question.. If I sell order 2 on ebay "before Christmas" I could make about $800 from it I believe. But that would mean a minimum of a 3 day auction and 2 day shipping which means I would need to have the sale completed by the 21st so I can ship on the 22nd. BUT if my original MP isn't back yet then I may have to break into this new one for the trip and sell the RMA unit. Which would not make it for Christmas to the buyer..

This will be close but wondering what would you do? Sacrifice the potential extra money for the trip? That's kind of where I'm leaning...

Keep both !! Like that you always have a backup :D

Keep the fees in mind if selling on eBay. 10% of final value + ~3% paypal fees, plus a lot of Mavic sellers are including free ovenright or 2day shipping.

$1299 + 13% = $1467 sell price to get $1299, then you might have to pay shipping, which would put it up over $1500 that you'll need to get for it just to break even, for a fly more combo.

Just keep that in mind.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Are we speaking about fly less or fly more? I am willing to buy one of your mavic with money transfer and i pay for shipping therefore i am from europe if that counts

Thk's! Still waiting on my Oct 4th Amazon Prime. Getting mixed information but the last email indicated February 11
Well that's terrible. I ordered from Newegg as stated in this thread and that order was Nov 14th. So they are shipping quickly from newegg.

Keep the fees in mind if selling on eBay. 10% of final value + ~3% paypal fees, plus a lot of Mavic sellers are including free ovenright or 2day shipping.

$1299 + 13% = $1467 sell price to get $1299, then you might have to pay shipping, which would put it up over $1500 that you'll need to get for it just to break even, for a fly more combo.

Just keep that in mind.
Lots of subjective info here...
Fly less combo - $999

Sale on Ebay is subjective.. no idea what it will fetch and each auction takes on a mind of it's own. Some get high dollar, some do not even get a bid. The key is creating a feeding frenzy. Set a low start price and all of a sudden people start bidding. It becomes a frenzy of bids and usually you wind up doing well. But again.. it could be a bust. So time will tell.

Shipping, I can do Fedex 2 day on this for under $10 through my company..

I just did buy it now listings, sold fine like that. Not quite as high as the bidding but was less stressful.

The eBay %'s aren't subjective. 10% is what they charge. 3% is what PayPal charges, nothing subjective about that.

$10 for 2nd day is great, you'll save some money there at least

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke