DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 but Mavic 2 !!!

sir_ian

Reactions
How do I adjust the Mavic 3 controls to feel more like a Mavic 2???

The sensitivity and control of the sticks on the Mavic 3 are vastly different from the Mavic 2 Pro. I have much less fine control. The sticks are way more abrasive... A light tap fwd and it bolts. There's no slow, smooth acceleration to the movement. Not in Standard, not in Cine, not in any mode. Nothing, nothing, nothing, BAM!!!

I've tried to smooth the curves out somewhat in the controller sensitivity settings, and after some trial and error, I have found 0.38 on each axis is kind of what I'm looking for - I can feather the sticks for a more gentle response, no sudden bolting - but it's still nowhere near as smooth as what I'm used to with M2P.

Does anyone know which sensitivity values will make the M3P feel like the M2P?

Thanks so very much..

I think this covers "EXP" which is probably what you are seeking. Personally I prefer the results with a straight line graph (0.5?) .

Reactions: sir_ian
Oddly mine has a totally different menu, but I just found some of this stuff from the video. Or so I think.

Thank you very much.

Oddly mine has a totally different menu, but I just found some of this stuff from the video. Or so I think.

Thank you very much.
The biggest difference makes turning the obstacle avoidance completely off. Once you do that the M3 becomes a whole lot less jerky. Unless I really need the OA I keep it off as my default setting.

Last edited:
You might consider getting the Cinema Pod Controller to make things a lot smoother.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I put stick extensions on my Smart Controller....requires more thumb movement for the same drone responsiveness.....allows finer movement of the drone.

Based on my own observation the add-ons or Exp values make very little difference. Plain and simple the M3 movements are jerky and twitchy when OA is ON. Regardless of how smooth or gentle the stick movements are or what the Expo values are. The only perceptible difference makes to switch the OA OFF.

Last edited: