DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 settings to increase flight smoothness

Dhuard

Reactions
Hello, does any one have any settings to share to get smoother flight characteristics? I know these can be adjusted in the advanced tab for the camera and the expo settings. However, if you have some settings to share they would be great.
When I release the sticks it jerks quickly and does not look smooth !!
Thank you

Youtuber „Ian in London“ made a nice video about smoother movements a month ago:

I also had some very jerky movements but it improves a lot with .400 firmware. Didn’t test out behavior on the new .500 software.

Last edited:
Thanks Ian for this very helpful video. I am curious as to where you are setting your speed and smoothness for cinematic video. I find that by the time smoothness is good enough it easily overshoots, which is a bit of a problem to get used to.

Thanks for your suggestion for going to brake mode. That would keep video smoother and yet stay safe when near possible flight path interference. However, wouldn’t this be problematic if I had a low battery RTH. It might try to fly the straight path diagonally to home then brake when it got near an obstacle and possible land in an undesirable spot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan