DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 Wet Suit Vs Tornado Warning Weather

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Went thru 3 Batteries back to back in the Pouring Rain testing the Mavic 3 Wet Suit in this storm.
Battling the Electricity in the Air was interesting but once i got past that , nothing could stop me.

This was exciteing as I really had a chance to put Mavic 3 Pro thru some Extreme Hoops.
The Results I think were pretty good.

Phantomrain.org
Capture the Storm , Fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

2022-05-26_13h23_00.png

What it took to get the shots with the Mavic 3 Wet Suit flying in Extreme Down Pours.

This was the Sky an hour before the storm and I knew something wicked was coming.

View attachment Moments before_.jpg

lighitng  100.jpg

lighitng 43.jpg

light 1-2.jpg

light 11.jpg

light 15.jpg

lighting 80.jpg

light 8.jpg

lighting 29.jpg

Not every picture was Perfect but it told the story that this cloud was a nightmare and Power Went out Quick.

liging 93.jpg

light 9.jpg

That Tower was really was a super magnet for that lightning cloud, Eventually that cloud made it dead center over me and the wind caught the drone and sent me backwards .

lighitng 59.jpg

light 17.jpg

light 14.jpg

Last edited:
Went thru 3 Batteries back to back in the Pouring Rain testing the Mavic 3 Wet Suit in this storm.
Battling the Electricity in the Air was interesting but once i got past that , nothing could stop me.

This was exciteing as I really had a chance to put Mavic 3 Pro thru some Extreme Hoops.

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 166300

What it took to get the shots with the Mavic 3 Wet Suit flying in Extreme Down Pours.

This was the Sky an hour before the storm and I knew something wicked was coming.

View attachment 166304

View attachment 166289

View attachment 166290

View attachment 166291

View attachment 166292

View attachment 166293

View attachment 166294

View attachment 166295

View attachment 166296

Not every picture was Perfect but it told the story that this cloud was a nightmare and Power Went out Quick.

View attachment 166297

View attachment 166298

That Tower was really was a super magnet for that lightning cloud, Eventually that cloud made it dead center over me and the wind caught the drone and sent me backwards .

View attachment 166299

View attachment 166301

View attachment 166302
Holy Toledo! These shots are truly the most amazing images ever! Congratulations.

Dale
Miami

Nice shots!

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Amazing shots of the lighting before or after the storm, but 2 seconds of the done in light rain doesn't convince me the drone was up in that rainstorm. Do you have more video of the drone in the actual downpour. I ask not to critizie the video, but to put faith in those wet suits advertised.

Holy Toledo! These shots are truly the most amazing images ever! Congratulations.

Dale
Miami

That is great to hear.

I kept you in mind as I recorded these and this year my collection of lightning pictures has grown ten fold.
I watch the sky like an indian watches for smoke signals. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water

Here is another shot of that Tower getting blasted, so you know where I will be on the next one . lol

lighting 64.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Storm .

SPECTACULAR!!!

But but but... what's this? A long exposure, or is there a ¼ mile dia. crater at the end of that strike? Look at how the freeway is lit like day!!!

Talk about powahhhhhhhhh 🤣

light-14-jpg.166302

A few days ago we had another storm , to my surprise that lightning came right back to that Tower.

I went up inside a lightning array , forgot the SD card and the drone came down on low battery on the controller and it stopped the internal recording and left me soaked at 5am in the morning. I have yet to retrive the footage of the Mayhem.

First time I got nailed on the Low Battery on the Controller. UGH !

Phantomrain.org
Wetsuit to fly in the Rain.. Land on the Water.

The rain is getting colder.

Screenshot of FinderScreenshot of Finder (10-1-23, 10-34-46 AM).jpg

Back from the War, another flight to capture strange activities at night,

Geared up with the Wet Suit and in some heavy rain near the city. Sometimes I have to miss out on the lighting shots to show the Wet Suit in the Rain. This is me taking one for Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Im sure there is a name for this type of lightning , I got caught at the Geo Zone in pouring rain and I coud not go any closer to the lightning , the drone would only go backwards. Notice the Lighting loops.
8f0d8b90-bd13-4ef5-81a1-1a1e0134913f.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
The new Joker Wet Suit for the Mavic 3 in Purple and Red an maybe the Air 3 as well.
going to be adding the leg covers soon, should create a nice flow.

Screenshot of Lightroom ClassicScreenshot of Lightroom Classic (7-26-23, 8-37-22 PM).jpg

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 166300

View attachment 166304

View attachment 166289

View attachment 166290

View attachment 166291

View attachment 166292

View attachment 166293

View attachment 166294

View attachment 166295

View attachment 166296

View attachment 166297

View attachment 166298

View attachment 166299

View attachment 166301

View attachment 166302
Can anyone help me to understand how the use of the product can possibly improve the ability of the drone to endure wet conditions. I may be missing something, but is just looks like decoration to me. It appears that there are still many points where water can make its way into the interior of the drone. I have looked at the website; but although it makes claims, i don’t see where they address how this is achieved.

Can anyone help me to understand how the use of the product can possibly improve the ability of the drone to endure wet conditions. I may be missing something, but is just looks like decoration to me. It appears that there are still many points where water can make its way into the interior of the drone. I have looked at the website; but although it makes claims, i don’t see where they address how this is achieved.
Couple things to note:

Motors are Aluminum brush-less designed to run underwater , as there the same motors used in the RC subs.
The Camera has an Air Tight Seal and can record under water for a few seconds until the transmission runs out

Thus the Weak Links on the drone are the Power Button , Battery as well as the Vents and Sensors need to be Protected from burning out..

If you just try to use the Compression bands without the Wet Suit , you will find that they just slide off when getting wet , thus every part of the Wet Suit plays a Vital Part. Including the Locking Panel underneath .

You will also find that if you fly in the pouring rain for just about 3 minutes your Battery wil be comprimised, , you can test this very quickly by just taking your. battery and running it under the tap water for about 15 seconds.

Once you see the Battery Blinking your battery will no longer take a charge or communicate with the controller.

The warning you will get on the screen is this :: The Battery has Disconnected from the Controller and it will within seconds crash while flying in the rain..

Thus the Mavic 3 / Mavic 3 Clasic / Mavic 3 Enterprise Wet Suits will Protect the Drone and the Battery, Power Button and Sensors from burning out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, and Explan the Weak Links in flying in the Rain.

2021-12-10_15h33_20.png

Last edited:
Couple things to note:

Motors are Aluminum brush-less designed to run underwater , as there the same motors used in the RC subs.
The Camera has an Air Tight Seal and can record under water for a few seconds until the transmission runs out

Thus the Weak Links on the drone are the Power Button , Battery as well as the Vents and Sensors need to be Protected from burning out..

If you just try to use the Compression bands without the Wet Suit , you will find that they just slide off when getting wet , thus every part of the Wet Suit plays a Vital Part. Including the Locking Panel underneath .

You will also find that if you fly in the pouring rain for just about 3 minutes your Battery wil be comprimised, , you can test this very quickly by just taking your. battery and running it under the tap water for about 15 seconds.

Once you see the Battery Blinking your battery will no longer take a charge or communicate with the controller.

The warning you will get on the screen is this :: The Battery has Disconnected from the Controller and it will within seconds crash while flying in the rain..

Thus the Mavic 3 / Mavic 3 Clasic / Mavic 3 Enterprise Wet Suits will Protect the Drone and the Battery, Power Button and Sensors from burning out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, and Explan the Weak Links in flying in the Rain.

View attachment 170911
Thank you very much for the explanation, being
unfamiliar with them, I just could see the method employed. The website doesn’t seem to address how they work, unless I missed it.

Thank you very much for the explanation, being
unfamiliar with them, I just could see the method employed. The website doesn’t seem to address how they work, unless I missed it.
Its probably because its lost in the library of videos showing the Wet Suit / Rescue jacket in actual use an I should make is easier to access, thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Drown yourself in videos.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne