DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 with Ipad problem solved?

Gary Fisher

Reactions
I couldn’t use my USB-c Ipad with DJI Fly until I did this:

Connected first with my Iphone (which is supported).

Then go into Control Settings and turn off the setting for “Charge Phone”.

Then after unbinding my DJI RC-N-1 from the phone I was able to bind to the Ipad successfully. It took a little longer the first time, but once I got it working, I was able to fly with my large Ipad pro with IOS 15.

I hope this simple solution works for others, but someone will have to verify.

Gary Fisher

Reactions: DougMcC
I don't understand. There is no "binding" to a phone that I know of. The controller binds to the aircraft but you can switch to whatever phone, ipad, android phone or whatever you want without a second thought. I swap from my Tek/iPhone/iPad all the time - occasionally in the middle of a flight!

I don't understand. There is no "binding" to a phone that I know of. The controller binds to the aircraft but you can switch to whatever phone, ipad, android phone or whatever you want without a second thought. I swap from my Tek/iPhone/iPad all the time - occasionally in the middle of a flight!
I probably used the wrong terminology. I‘ve been switching back and forth between the RC-N1 and the RC PRO controllers, which is where it said it was binding. But the “fix” I’m describing is the important issue.

Thanks for the correction.

yeah...you said "unbind" from the phone. Your phone had nothing to do with it - I'm pretty sure. It was unbinding from the aircraft with one controller then binding the new controller. I also doubt the the "charge phone" thing was involved but who knows. sometimes it seems like it's all voodoo magic but glad you got it working.

Its still confusing, when you connect an iPhone to a RC-N1, you may have that setting to enable or disable charging. but its still merely a communications cable from the RC to the device you connect and requires the proper cable.. An iPhone is using USB-C to Lightning and your using USB-C to USB-C. If its a DJI cable, you'd think it would work right off..

Now its possible that the charging setting is causing a problem with connecting your iPad, but it may still be a cable issue. And your saying this took time, which seems odd, once the cable is connected from RC to device, and you launch fly, it should be working.. there should be no delay that I can think of..

The only binding involved here is if your switching RC's from the N1 to the Pro. to the drone.

I couldn’t use my USB-c Ipad with DJI Fly until I did this:

Connected first with my Iphone (which is supported).

Then go into Control Settings and turn off the setting for “Charge Phone”.

Then after unbinding my DJI RC-N-1 from the phone I was able to bind to the Ipad successfully. It took a little longer the first time, but once I got it working, I was able to fly with my large Ipad pro with IOS 15.

I hope this simple solution works for others, but someone will have to verify.

Gary Fisher
Well, it appears this was not what fixed the problem. I don’t know why, but at least I am able to use my Ipad now, so I’m happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EwaKrzyzanowska